What's wrong with my setup?

they are actually decent sq substry them in 1.25 ported at 38hz they will bang if you feed them 4-500 rms each
x2 and if you want a decent inexpensive amp this fella here might know where you can get one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i sure would //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and the amp comes with a free sub enclosure design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And at 4 ohms too, since that is what the impedance of the subs are, right?
No, your subs each have a single 4 ohm voice coil, you'd be best off wiring them in parallel and getting a mono amp that will put out around 800w or so at 2 ohms according to what other have stated power-handling wise.

I'd recommend the Kicker ZX750.1 or ZX1000.1, but I'm sure SicAudio will come in here and recommend something else that will work. Can't think of many amps that put out their power at 2 ohms in that range right now though.

you can wire the subs together. I didnt read if they were dvc or svc, but either way im pretty sure you can achieve a 2 ohm final load when wiring both subs together. This way you can get a one channel amp that does about 1krms@2ohm.

Okie Dokie. Seems like I've found the problem to my subs not performing like they should. How much impact does the headunit have on sub performance? My headunit doesn't have a seperate sub adjustment or anything. Just the bass, middle, treble, loud, and sla.

Awesome set up Tremors, deserves its own mod thread and will be one of the first mods I do once I get a new X. I have been wondering where I might be able to stash a deep cycle battery and this setup rocks.

Instructions look easy to follow and your diagrams appear spot on.

Okie Dokie. Seems like I've found the problem to my subs not performing like they should. How much impact does the headunit have on sub performance? My headunit doesn't have a seperate sub adjustment or anything. Just the bass, middle, treble, loud, and sla.
My buddy had a low end pioneer deck that me and him hooked to an infinity reference series sub and an infinity ref1600a (maybe) and to really get bigger sound outta that setup we turned up the sla on the HU, it'll give you a bigger sound, but imo i would def upgrade your amp to start with. then work on the subs, lol

Silently stalk the forums... probably of SSA as they have the most informative car audio forums to date and learn all you can.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.