What's wrong? 12 inch Kicker CVR rattling

Chances are, your box is broken (glue has come apart) may be caused by the age of the box or the condition it has been kept in, the glue may have been old and cracked.
I think you just received the worst first post reward. Congratulations!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wowflash.gif.89a61f4caede63a11dac36e97d61323e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/coolflash.gif.4f9740e1268764cfe452b9259e375e3b.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/partytime.gif.c93957d22b3fb208098e423485fd0404.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wowflash.gif.89a61f4caede63a11dac36e97d61323e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/coolflash.gif.4f9740e1268764cfe452b9259e375e3b.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/partytime.gif.c93957d22b3fb208098e423485fd0404.gif
i lulzeed

i lulzeed
This

A proper reward would be popping his "dislike" cherry though DeadEye.

a Kicker CVR
Well, there's your problem..

Haha, in all seriousness, there's obviously something wrong with the CVR. To be honest, I'll never run Kicker after multiple things I've heard about them, and I wouldn't be surprised if it blew, even if you were giving it nothing above rated power. They're just not very well-constructed subwoofers.

Well, there's your problem..
Haha, in all seriousness, there's obviously something wrong with the CVR. To be honest, I'll never run Kicker after multiple things I've heard about them, and I wouldn't be surprised if it blew, even if you were giving it nothing above rated power. They're just not very well-constructed subwoofers.
I disagree. Kicker woofers take rated power plus and their amps do rated power plus. The probable reasons u here so much bad about kicker is mostly noobs run their products and blow them because they dont know what they're doing. Then u have to consider internet cool guys who diss kicker because its mainstream and they think the gods of teh interwebz will accept them if they diss Kicker too and run nothing but Sundown or other less mainstream products. I've run multiple kicker products with never an issue but have had issues with some of the BS recommended online.

I do not think Kicker woofers or amps are the greatest but I wouldn't say any of their stuff isn't well constructed from personal experience as opposed to hear-say.

I disagree. Kicker woofers take rated power plus and their amps do rated power plus. The probable reasons u here so much bad about kicker is mostly noobs run their products and blow them because they dont know what they're doing. Then u have to consider internet cool guys who diss kicker because its mainstream and they think the gods of teh interwebz will accept them if they diss Kicker too and run nothing but Sundown or other less mainstream products. I've run multiple kicker products with never an issue but have had issues with some of the BS recommended online.
I do not think Kicker woofers or amps are the greatest but I wouldn't say any of their stuff isn't well constructed from personal experience as opposed to hear-say.
Okay, on one hand, I can agree with you, and in some places, I have made my point come across the wrong way in my previous post.

I totally agree with you when you say Kicker gets its' bad name through novices blowing them up - the brand is as mainstream as it gets, so that's where car audio amateurs go to for their first system..that's where a lot of their rep comes from.

When I said that they're 'not very well-constructed subwoofers' I probably should've put 'in my opinion/experience' afterwards. Granted, every brand has its' lemons, so it isn't to say that they're all this way, but a friend of mine did have a Kicker blow in the first 2 days of him having it, 50w under what it was rated at. If I remember correctly, the signal was clean. But as I said, every brand has its' lemons.

I'm trying to avoid being what you'd call an 'Internet cool guyss', but I don't think, really, anybody should go with Kicker. Their amp lines are solid, but as far as subwoofers go, they're overpriced for their quality. That's an opinion, but a well-supported one. There are many brands that are much better, especially for the price they charge. Alpine Type Rs for example, are very sturdy, well-novice shaped subwoofers. I say this because they're a very durable brand, which is good for beginners, for obvious reasons. They're also much cheaper than most Kicker subwoofers that will deliver the same output.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the wall, I just wanted to clear my name on that one. Sorry for any confusion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Okay, on one hand, I can agree with you, and in some places, I have made my point come across the wrong way in my previous post.
I totally agree with you when you say Kicker gets its' bad name through novices blowing them up - the brand is as mainstream as it gets, so that's where car audio amateurs go to for their first system..that's where a lot of their rep comes from.

When I said that they're 'not very well-constructed subwoofers' I probably should've put 'in my opinion/experience' afterwards. Granted, every brand has its' lemons, so it isn't to say that they're all this way, but a friend of mine did have a Kicker blow in the first 2 days of him having it, 50w under what it was rated at. If I remember correctly, the signal was clean. But as I said, every brand has its' lemons.

I'm trying to avoid being what you'd call an 'Internet cool guyss', but I don't think, really, anybody should go with Kicker. Their amp lines are solid, but as far as subwoofers go, they're overpriced for their quality. That's an opinion, but a well-supported one. There are many brands that are much better, especially for the price they charge. Alpine Type Rs for example, are very sturdy, well-novice shaped subwoofers. I say this because they're a very durable brand, which is good for beginners, for obvious reasons. They're also much cheaper than most Kicker subwoofers that will deliver the same output.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the wall, I just wanted to clear my name on that one. Sorry for any confusion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif
I see what you're saying for the most part. Kicker woofers aren't really that expensive though until u get up to the higher lines but that's to be expected. The CVRs go for like $75 all day online the Type Rs for ~$140 and the CVR isn't too far behind they Type R in my experience with both. I definitely do think type Rs are nice woofers though. But, still not as budget friendly as the CVR that gets completely overlooked because it's a Kicker. Yet, people will recommend low level Hifonics subs or Audiopipe subs when someone asks,for a cheap sub that'll get fairly loud. Makes no sense to me lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.