whats the legal noise level in your area??

50ft here..never got a tick yet though...yeah i bump it but not when cops in sight...i think the amount is like $150 something

most military bases say 30 feet. at fort huachuca apparently the MPs don't care... lots of rides here boom... and in sierra vista the car washes say no loud music but there's always one ride wangin'. i have yet to witness anyone ticketed for sounding off their ride.

**** i just put a jl 1000/1 and 2 12w6's in a cops ride the other day lawl. but he said as long as your not bumpin at a stop light or near him when hes writing a ticket. your fine. he even asked what i had and DIDNT give me a tint ticket FTW

i've been motioned to turn down by a cop but no ticket, i only play loud on freeway or in areas i'm really really familiar since if i get pulled over i take a 2month walk to county.

Where I live you can hear people coming 15 seconds before they get to your house, and 15 seconds after. I have never heard of anyone in my town getting a DTP for loud music though, even though you hear it all the time at like midnight.

Never heard of anyone getting a ticket around my town.. I turn it down at most red lights and when I see cops.. Have been stopped leaving school once and the cop didnt even really care.. Just told me to turn it down some leaving school.. Then got stopped at the mall during Christmas and the cop told me if he heard me again he would give me a ticket..

I usually turn it down when I pull up neer a cop.....otherwise I crank it as per my discression
I agree, use common sense and be respectful. Cops have too much leeway when it comes to giving ticket. Some of friends have thought they have been well with in their legal right and cop an attitutde only to get a ticket for no using their turn signal, touching the yellow line or having a liscense plate light out (all true ticket BS my friends have had).

Never heard of anyone getting a ticket around my town.. I turn it down at most red lights and when I see cops.. Have been stopped leaving school once and the cop didnt even really care.. Just told me to turn it down some leaving school.. Then got stopped at the mall during Christmas and the cop told me if he heard me again he would give me a ticket..
Where in MS are you from? Down here in Biloxi it's pretty lenient. I've never been pulled over for DTP or any other sort of noise violation. That was with my 15" XXX and Cadence ZRS-8. I am currently working on getting my '06 XXX 12" and ZRS-10 bought up and shipped to me so I can set it all up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.