Whats The Best Way To Ship A 60lbs Sub??

Definetely do more than peaunuts. I would try an build a small wooden crate that goes inside of a cardboard box actually, and inside the crate I would put some of styrofoam that fits the sub, and fill in the loose areas with peanuts.

but put the sub in a plastic bag too, so nothing gets inside the sexiness.

if u can get all that done, try and get some strong cardboard edges, that go on the box, for more support.

Tape the thing up, write "HEAVY" and "FRAGILE" on it. Or at least heavy, possibly "MAGNETIC" or something.

I work at fed ex, so im just giving you advice on how to not piss off the package handlers, so they handle the heavy box nicely.

Packing a box poorly only adds to the abuse it will recieve. Not conciously, but it just sort of happens.

someone beat me to it, i could have picked it up locally //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif but i was a day too late on the funds. finally got the funds later that night for my birthday

I'll tell you, I have other hobbies and one of them is R/C boats >

so I use to have to ship fiberglass boats as large as 52". I had so many problems with UPS, FedEx and even UsPs that I had to figure out a way to protec the corners. I had extra pool noodles from my kids laying around and because we used them inside the boats as flotation why not tape pieces to the corners. It worked sooo well that eventually I stopped using peanuts and stuck to newspaper and pool noodles. Now with subs I have found that if you use the LARGE and small noodles works the best. On the back of the magnet plate tape a big 3 inch piece so if the drop it usually that is the first to hit due to the weight. I shipped a RE sx to a dude in TX and the box fell apart and it was double boxed and I even added side walls and a whole roll of 3M packaging tape. When UPS delivered the box it looked like a round underinflated beach ball, really but the sub was perfect! Never underestimate the power of the pool noo noo, lOl. BTW Walmart has them on clearance right now... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Polo..

i wonder why i said to read my sig, maybe because it explains the exact same thing with pictures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

wooden crate isnt covered by fedex . You should know thatif you work there
read my sig and you will be fine

I had a sub shipped recently in a wood TC crate, was damaged, there paying for it! Depends on the type of service you used, good thing mine was Home Direct. I ready your packing thread just was telling a story how I found out about it many years ago not to mention that I got that idea from another person who had been doing it for as long as there been pool noodle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Polo..

I had a sub shipped recently in a wood TC crate, was damaged, there paying for it! Depends on the type of service you used, good thing mine was Home Direct. I ready your packing thread just was telling a story how I found out about it many years ago not to mention that I got that idea from another person who had been doing it for as long as there been pool noodle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Polo..
nuh uh.. lilmaniac is the first to ever do that!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif gay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.