Old School Hifonics Subwoofers Pics

bass305
10+ year member

TEAMMAXXSONICS
I NEED SOME MORE INFO ON THESE SUBS. ALL I KNOW IS THAT HIFONICS MADE THEM IN 1987 OR 1988. I HAVE THREE W1844 AND TWO W1034 STILL NEW IN THE BOX. NEVER HOOKED UP. AND ONE W1544 USED ALL 4OHM.

019.jpg

021-1.jpg

022.jpg

020-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

I Got Them From A Local Shop In My Town. The Shop Opened In 1985 And The Owner Ordered The Subwoofers For A Customer That Never Came Through In Buying The Woofers. So 20years Later I Walked In The Shop.he Was Clearing Out His Stock Room I Saw Some Hifonics Boxes In The Corner Two Boxes Still Taped Never Opened. SO I PURCHASED THEM KNOWING........

I use two of the Series VIII versions of the Isis, I actually replaced my Orion XTR-100 & XTR-200 some of the best car amps on the planet with them and I have been very pleased.

I think that the performance of those older subs will surprise you the pleated and treated surrounds will never wear out or deteriorate like foam does over time.

They were made with "sound quality" in mind and not booming 60Hz bass.

I bet the excursion on those is like 5mm
eh more like 15mm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

those are pretty cool though. probably like 300 max handling on them - back then amps werent exactly the powerhouses they are now.

Another sub back from that era that i'd like to get my paws on is some of the carbon fiber Altec Lansing 10's and 12's. Ive NEVER seen one in real life or sold on eGay, but I know they exist.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.