What's the best entry-level speaker?

thats just barely over dealer cost from sonic.

and they are shallow mount so fit will not be a problem IDT....

at that price i can guarantee ur buying from our bstock buyers such as audiosavings or sonic so no warranty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

but I doubt you'll need the warranty..

Yep, Audiosavings. I usually treat my speakers well though so I should be fine. Thanks for you input, I look forward to hearing everything put together:

Kenwood KDC-HD942U

Zapco AGP 650.6

HIFONICS ZXI693+ZXI63

2 x Eclipse 8712.4

Cadence WK42 wiring kit (it sounded alright for the price - $42)

This should be good to start with.

put 60-100 rms to em and they wake up alot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

gl you will like em a ton for that price...

Almani already went out of business? I remember LOLing when I took my Orion 2500D to a local shop to get checked out. For some reason it was barely making my subs move(turned out to be something stupid), and the guy insisted I put some real power to them. He then proceeds to pull out a 3000 watt(max) Almani amp, maybe half the size of the Orion, and of course it pushed the subs hard because the Orion was messed up. He then tried to sell me about 87 Almani items.

was never a fan of their amps but their speakers are seriuz bidnez...

most people don't know that when DEI bought Orion the designers/engineers created Almani and went there own way down in Cali //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

but on the Amp side they just couldn't compete so the amps were meh at best lol

They are ok if you haven't heard anything else. I wasn't impressed, but I used high dollar comps before I heard them. The best entry level imo is Focal Access. They cost more, but are worth it. Their regular 2-way coax sound better than some component sets. I do own 2 Almani S7 10's, but have not hooked them up yet.

I just found some Almani PCS65's and PCS69's on Ebay for $91 w/shipping!! All this talk about how good Almani stuff is, I just had to buy them.
ugh they are the 3 series that i said to avoid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif lol

still decent but nothing to write home about lol

No man, they're the 5 series, they are BNIB and that's what it says on the outside of the box. I verified them on the Almani site too, here are the specs:

PCS-69

6" x 9" Three Way Coaxial Speaker

500 Watts MAX Power Handling

- Stout Magnet (For better Bass response)

- Sturdy Cast frame

- Reinforced Kevlar Surround

PCS-65

6.50" Three Way Coaxial Speaker

360 Watts MAX Power Handling

- Stout Magnet (For better Bass response)

- Sturdy Cast frame

- Reinforced Kevlar Surround

this is the first helpful thread ive seen in a LONG time!

good to see that a noob can finally come here, ask for help and not get made fun of because of how they worded their question.

PS.

look for higher end speakers and go around your local craigslist, you might hit the jackpot. i found some rockford t1652s for 70 BNIB. not the best speakers, but couldnt beat it for the price

my bad i didnt "see" the model # just went by pics lol

you will like em

detune the treble a tad ( unless you like it bright sounding ) and deaden the area they are mounted to ( the hole ) and they will have great midbass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.