Whats so Great about components >????

Spddracer
10+ year member

Sounds Goooooood
Ohio
Just wandering if you had the choice would you use 6x9's in your doors over components ??? Wouldnt 6x9's have more bass output and sound than a 6 inch component ?? Why use components ?? They say to get the tweeter as close to the component mid as possible so it will "blend" Better , Hell the 6x9 has them built in !! Wouldnt a good qualtiy set of 6x9's amped be better if not why not ?? Accept of course in the case of using them in your kick panels !!

no, 6x9's are the biggest joke to the car audio world....a pro audio car consists of highs, midbass and lows....each set of drivers specifically tuned to pick up a certain set of frequencies. ie my car the kickpanel components are tuned to pick up 150hz and up, midbass 150hz down to 70hz and the sub is 70hz down to 30hz. and usually if there is rear fill they will play full range and be barely audible from the front seats.....but rear speakers are basically useless. you are not looking for bass in your components, that is what your sub takes care of, basically 6x9's are for people who are to cheap to buy a sub....the rumors of better sound surrounding coaxials is kind of a greay area, but if you get a good set of coaxial 6.5's or 5.25's with a cross over they can sound just as good...JL audio makes a **** good set of both.....

Ok, I don't know anything about components. Is a crossover the little circuit board looking thing that comes with them?

Thought that would just split the frequencies between your mids and your tweeters. A separate crossover hooked to the HU will split the frequencies up between subs and mids/highs...

Subs are typically run with a separate amplifier, and the "crossover" is the low-pass filter built into the amp. Much simpler than trying to use passive components, especially at high power.

As for your original question, components are just separate mids & tweets. You have the advantage of placing the tweet where you want it, and the external crossover units they come with give you considerable adjustability.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.