I have and SPL question.

If you're looking to have the loudest bass around start by checking out MMATS Juggernaut. Match that with an MMATS amp, or maybe even a Harrison Labs amp. But as mentioned earlier, the huge SPL systems that make the elite status in competitions don't rely on just the best sub and amp. They spend countless hours with trial and error installation techniques. A good install is what wins the competitions.

Large enclosure(trial and error) + High end sub(s)+power(rms)=having a chance at winning SPL.You want a nice amp look at the new jbl A6000gti it is the most powerful amp for car audio in the world(6000+rms),take that and a couple high end 15 or 18" subs and get your large ported box dialed in and your car will fall 2 pieces man.I wonder how much that amp is gonna sell for.

Originally posted by derekls try 2 15 inch MTX RFL and bout 4 JBLbd1000.1 and see how that does ....lol
i picked up the MTX part, but i think you might be drinking lol,

the JBL is called the 1200.1 and the rockford is called the bd1000 lol.

Originally posted by THE_BASS_BOSS What is the best woofer and amp combination that will blow away the competition in SPL comps? If you know what they are let me know where i can find them. Thanks
When you find out let me know. I know a couple thousand people that would pay top dollar //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Seriously though. That's one of those impossble questions to answer. THe best thing to do is look at the different SPL oriented products. Once yo find a sub

(S) that you like. Look at all the amps on the market and find the one that can meet the power demands of yor chosen sub(S). Then get to expiramenting with enclosure design and your chosen comp vehicle. When you decide on an enclosure design. Build the enclosure so that a a train could hit your car and the enclosure will still be intact.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif And your going to need power, power, power. Test tones will **** the life out of a cars electrical system. So make sure your electrical system is up to the task. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

They are defintly right about the install being a huge part of it. But, to answer your question, i have heard a lot about DD and juggernaut subs on the various boards that i have been on when spl has been mentioned. Something a little more mainstream that is susposed to have great spl are solo barics. But, most of these subs are really loud, but also have terrible sound quality. But, if you just wanna win SPL comps, then that doesnt matter. But, if you are looking for a sub that has high spl but also good SQ, check out some IDMAXs or eclipse titaniums (both of these subs will kill your wallet though). Anyways, hoped this helps. I dont have very much first hand experience with these subs, but they are the main ones that are talking about on a lot of the forums that i go to.

Me too, i would have to agree with INSTALL. If you have a nice Install and any SPL Woofer, you have a chance in winning. There are so many Woofers and amp combinaations out there, so just play around with some brands and let us know what you come up with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.