Whats going to happen her

Participant count
  • Participant list

All_Logix
10+ year member

Formerly CivicGTi
Texas
So... Let me preface this ordeal, I have a 2011 Honda Civic Coupe and I have some "in" with Harmon... I completely redid my system with JBL and I am very happy with it, except I wanted more bass. A buddy of mine had the JBL p12 subs and for the price I was taken aback at how good they sounded, so in a whirlwind of excitement I ordered a p1224 and as soon as I opened it up noticed a problem, there is a this massive ring around the cone that makes the outer diameter 14 5/8 inch.... my trunk only has about a 15" clearence for the top...so it is looking like I am going to have to build an enclosure that will face the sub upward, and then have a port firing into the trunk lid. I will push anywhere from 400 to 600 watts into it...what are you guys thoughts on this

Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem, I had 12 in there before but nothing this ******* massive

honestly you can prolly make it work. i almost whet that way. you can make it so that on the top and bottom of the sub is screw into the top and bottom peices of MDF. yano? because the bottom of the basket is less than 13 and a half making fit into a 15" top to bottom box.

I had thought of that, just predrilling the holes so that it wouldn't split the MDF, have you ever done it before?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.