What would cause 0 voltage on preamp outputs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

grampi
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cheyenne
I've checked the obvious things like making sure the HU wasn't muted and defeat wasn't on. I put in a CD, cranked the volume all the way up and put my DMM leads on the RCA jacks on the rear of the HU and it reads absolute 0 volts. With the unit having 4 volt preouts, shouldn't I be seeing 4 volts, or very nearly 4 volts AC? The only thing I can think that could be wrong is the preamp output circuit is bad. What else could it be?

Sounds like a dead preamp section if you aren't getting any output from any of the RCA outs. Is the switch on the bottom set to "norm" and not "eq/div"?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.