What to look for used subs

They should read within a few tenths. Check resistance in probes by touching them together. Usually reads a few tenths also

What setting would it be
eef491eefe07ee3cff205dd262679352.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If they give a bad reading is it difficult to repair? He doesn't have anything to try on so if the reading is good that means they should work Correct

Just as popwarhomie said, set DMM at 200 ohms. Stick probe in each pos(red) and neg(black) of the terminal of the sub. Should give you a lower number if the subs are dual 4 ohm, then it might read 3.7 or 3.6 There's never a perfect 4.0 coil read.

Same with dual 2 ohms. So the DMM should say 1.7 or so give or take a point or two. Let us know how it goes.

Just as popwarhomie said, set DMM at 200 ohms. Stick probe in each pos(red) and neg(black) of the terminal of the sub. Should give you a lower number if the subs are dual 4 ohm, then it might read 3.7 or 3.6 There's never a perfect 4.0 coil read.
Same with dual 2 ohms. So the DMM should say 1.7 or so give or take a point or two. Let us know how it goes.
I just picked them up the lowes reading I got was 3.6 so I got them. Now just need to figure out the dimensions for a box and build one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.