What to expect from my new ssa dcon 12?

I think she'd be happy with the Gcon. It's really a great all around sub IMO. Great Sq and good output, and can handle a ton of power. But you can't go wrong either way, they are some great quality subs.

Sent from my G870a on 38's

I think she'd be happy with the Gcon. It's really a great all around sub IMO. Great Sq and good output, and can handle a ton of power. But you can't go wrong either way, they are some great quality subs.
thanks for input so hard to pick!

just about to ask you what to get her............we took a drive last night after work i played her a bunch of music about a hour and her exact words were............"that is the best 179 we ever spent" then I aksed her opinion and she said it has only one con fer her spl. So if we were to order her one and want the closest sound to this just louder what do you suggest? she loves the sound so is the gcon same sound just louder or do we need to go up to a icon? we can match an amplifier to whatever you tell us. And btw never seen her that excited over a sub before!
Like the other posts above mention, consider building ported for the Dcon and see what you think. The Gcon has very slight differences in it's sound signature. The Icon is similar in sound signature to the Dcon. Both the Gcon and Icon are a step up in output potential and low end response. That is due to the greater power handling and xmax, but they will both sound excellent. Also, as mentioned, cone size doesn't matter in terms of "sloppiness", that has everything to do with the enclosure and how it is designed to the sub being used.

Lol I don't think 15's are sloppy I love all sizes that must have come across wrong. I'd probably lean more towards icon for her to idk though I'll show her both gonna be hard for me to try porting this always preferred sealed(remember you are talking to a guy who heard a custom birch ported sundown sa then same in sealed and preferred the sealed still after that!!!) probably port hers though

I want that icon looks awesome!!!! what cone does the icon have the flat to surround or the center dust cap style?

Last edited by a moderator:
I started on a guy's box today for his Gcon 12". I'll post up some pics when I get a few minutes. Tomorrow I planned on doing a couple videos and posting them. This guy has never heard anything other than Kicker Comps, JL w3's & w6, and the cheap Kenwood sub he was running. I recommend a Gcon 12 based on what his goal was. I'm going to try to catch his initial reaction when he plays them for the first time.

I started on a guy's box today for his Gcon 12". I'll post up some pics when I get a few minutes. Tomorrow I planned on doing a couple videos and posting them. This guy has never heard anything other than Kicker Comps, JL w3's & w6, and the cheap Kenwood sub he was running. I recommend a Gcon 12 based on what his goal was. I'm going to try to catch his initial reaction when he plays them for the first time.
I would love if you did that would be cool to see. I plan on recording my girl un boxing her future Icon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif going to be awesome!!!

I'm on day 3 of my sealed Dcon and its starting to interfere with my life and that's not a joke I cant focus all I think about is this sub I want to be in my car 24/7 listening to it I think about it non stop every time I get in my car I get into this trance I know that all sounds completely insane I know it makes me crazy but I cant help it. There is no words no words to explain it. I will never own another brand ever again! if you're in this thread and never owned a SSA sub go buy one right now you are depriving yourself of joy you have never felt before!

Lol I don't think 15's are sloppy I love all sizes that must have come across wrong. I'd probably lean more towards icon for her to idk though I'll show her both gonna be hard for me to try porting this always preferred sealed(remember you are talking to a guy who heard a custom birch ported sundown sa then same in sealed and preferred the sealed still after that!!!) probably port hers thoughI want that icon looks awesome!!!! what cone does the icon have the flat to surround or the center dust cap style?
i cant help it!you like the reall big ones too huh? nasty!!

Wasn't able to get the box finished today, but I did make some progress. Box is 2.63cuft@32.5hz with 15.39sqin of port per cube. I saved the design if anyone wants it, it will work with both the Dcon And Gcon 12".

I always dry-fit everything together and pre-drill/countersink before I break out the glue. When I design my boxes, I make one end so there's an overhang on each panel. After the box is assembled, I hit the edges with a flush trim bit. Makes life a lot easier, and looks cleaner.

thank you so much keep us updated please looks reall nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

looks good. you should try oak or birch... much stiffer..
The guy didn't want to pay the extra for birch. I usually make my personal boxes out of birch unless they're experiments.

Here's the plans for the box.

The guy didn't want to pay the extra for birch. I usually make my personal boxes out of birch unless they're experiments.
Here's the plans for the box.

ugh jealous I want that now lol looks awesome!!

Made some progress.

Didn't attach the brace to the port before putting it in, so I had to make a ghetto clamp. It did the job so I'm happy.

random question do you screw in the 45's or just glue? and thanks please keep us updated loving this!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.