What to expect from my new ssa dcon 12?

hes one of the nicest humans ive ever spoke with!! 

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

its a very clean sub extremely happy cant imagine the higher lines my fiance wants a ssa sub now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Give her your sub and you know..... Upgrade //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

In a couple of months you'll probably be buying a XCON.
its only been like 6 hours and I already have the itch lol but im not a huge spl bass head she on the other hand would have 10 18's in a car if she could shes asked me multiple times, "when are we going to break windshields lol"

I wish I tried ssa sooner! cant imagine this thing custom ported

its only been like 6 hours and I already have the itch lol but im not a huge spl bass head she on the other hand would have 10 18's in a car if she could shes asked me multiple times, "when are we going to break windshields lol"I wish I tried ssa sooner! cant imagine this thing custom ported
she's a keeper.

lmao yes funny i got her into it and shes the one who's a bass head and im sq guy. we go at it all the time polar opposite in sub taste

Last edited by a moderator:
hes one of the nicest humans ive ever spoke with!! 

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

its a very clean sub extremely happy cant imagine the higher lines my fiance wants a ssa sub now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks for the kind words. Maybe she needs a Gcon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe she needs a Gcon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
just about to ask you what to get her............we took a drive last night after work i played her a bunch of music about a hour and her exact words were............"that is the best 179 we ever spent" then I aksed her opinion and she said it has only one con fer her spl. So if we were to order her one and want the closest sound to this just louder what do you suggest? she loves the sound so is the gcon same sound just louder or do we need to go up to a icon? we can match an amplifier to whatever you tell us. And btw never seen her that excited over a sub before!

im sure the same sub in a ported box would be louder but if you want to keep it sealed.... what about a 15"
I love 12 and 15 she hates 15 thinks they are sloppy I dont. shes ok with a single 12 but she wants to know for sure its going to be louder than mine in her opinion there is no such thing as to loud and to me i want to hear my mid punch through sub bass

I love 12 and 15 she hates 15 thinks they are sloppy I dont. shes ok with a single 12 but she wants to know for sure its going to be louder than mine in her opinion there is no such thing as to loud and to me i want to hear my mid punch through sub bass
Sub size has nothing to do with sloppiness. It's mostly the box design. 15's being more "sloppy" or "slow" compared to a smaller sub size is a myth. A 15" of the same sub should sound pretty much the same but louder as long as it's within the right box size for sealed. She might like a 12" ported though. or even 15" ported.

I built a guy a sealed, then a ported box for his 12" Dcon, and I would suggest building a ported box before dropping coin on another sub. There was a huge gain in output and IMO ported had better Sq. On the other hand, I just finished a box for a 12" Gcon on a SQ 1200.2 and the thing slams. Throw the Dcon in 2.5cuft@30hz with around 15.5sqin of port and let it ride.

Sent from my G870a on 38's

I built a guy a sealed, then a ported box for his 12" Dcon, and I would suggest building a ported box before dropping coin on another sub. There was a huge gain in output and IMO ported had better Sq. On the other hand, I just finished a box for a 12" Gcon on a SQ 1200.2 and the thing slams. Throw the Dcon in 2.5cuft@30hz with around 15.5sqin of port and let it ride.
What size/type enclosure was the Gcon in?

we arent buying another sub because I want a change I'm extremely happy with it sealed just how it is. I am in the debate what line to get her because she wants spl then sq she wants the dcon with more output i just don't know if the Gcon is the answer idk how much t/s matter because they are different between the 2(the dcon has a higher motor force better efficiency and lower fs). On the other hand the gcon has a larger voicecoil larger magnet more xmaxx but im not sure that means better sound just louder sound. I believe u when you say it sounded better ported over sealed but I would never run ported especially after what I hear now this is so clean and accurate to me. Her on the other hand I think ported is what we need to do but now that she heard my sealed setup she is thinking sealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.