What to consider before purchasing a battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

ckunke002
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
A 1400 watt car audio battery would likely be what I need, and I found this one which will fit in my battery holder and am considering buying it.

Are there any tests I need to have done on my electrical system before switching the batteries or anything like that? As long as it fits in my battery holder will it be an okay match?

Also do new batteries come charged, or do I need to buy a charger to get it to a starting charge level?

Thanks for all answers

Why are you changing batteries? And yes, you need to charge it before putting it in your car. Give it a good 24 hour trickle charge (~2A) and then put it in the next day. If your battery is low you're better off putting it on a slow charge rather than having your alt charge it, especially if it's a deep cycle

Why are you changing batteries? And yes, you need to charge it before putting it in your car. Give it a good 24 hour trickle charge (~2A) and then put it in the next day. If your battery is low you're better off putting it on a slow charge rather than having your alt charge it, especially if it's a deep cycle
I want a new battery because my audio gear kills my battery quickly, and a weak voltage output is harder on amplifiers in the long run. I think I could get better output out of them with a new battery as well

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

How much do car battery chargers go for?

Cooool.. would you suggest the optima or kinetic more?
i use a redtop 24/74 to start my car and use an hc2000 from kinetik in the rear. best combo for me i dont drop below 13 with 240w of ab power and 2200 of class d.

75/25 my bad
Okay sweet, i'll probably just end up with the kinetic then. On a somewhat related note, their website says to have a load test done on my current battery before buying one of theirs. Is this actually important? and what am I even looking for?

Okay sweet, i'll probably just end up with the kinetic then. On a somewhat related note, their website says to have a load test done on my current battery before buying one of theirs. Is this actually important? and what am I even looking for?
yep have a load test done at walmart or advance auto. just make sure the batt is preforming to spec. funny thing here. i got mine done at walmart and they didnt know i had more than the redtop and told me i had a very special battery //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.