What to add to Beats system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Maddnotez

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Charger with the Beats package. I think it has 10 speakers including one 10" sub but couldn't tell you much more.

There is an empty 8" speaker spot I could add a speaker to.

I'm looking to add to this system. In my opinion the audio sounds great as it is. It is very clean and you get some bass out of it but the Bass is very mild.

I want to add something that brings some massive bass but still retains a clean sound. Since it's already bassy as is I'm not sure what to do.

Open to all options from adding the single 8" and trying to tap in somewhere for power to adding 15s and a separate amp or a single powered sub. Any suggestions?

OK, so you have a stock system with a 10 inch subwoofer and would like to add an 8 inch in the required space you noticed in your ride. It is possible but challenging to do. Firstly, you will need to tap into the rear speakers to gain signal, then a suitable amp to run your subwoofer. The enclosure may require fibre-glass work so to keep the stealth install. You may also require a voltage gain component such as a audison LC2, to increase the voltage so that your subwoofer does not sound too flat and blends in well with your 10 inch subwoofer. All this will take time and effort and finding a car audio shop that would be happy to tackle the job for you. Alternatively, you could get a dual 10 or 12 inch subwoofer system with a built in amp ( or external amp, run a power wire from engine bay to boot , ground wire to secure in trunk area, then tap into the wires on the condition, your amplifier can activate when receiving speaker / audio signal from head unit. The second option is much easier and will give you a better 'thump' then the other so I let you make your call on this, champ!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...