What subs are best at what?

i was wondering what subs are known for being able to produce smashing lows for example, and what brands are those?

i am asking what some particular brands are known for?

for example i have heard that DC audio is a low bass master however, i have also heard that DC are not the best quality subs?

What is each brand known for and who is best at what? (for example Low Bass):

Sundown Audio

DC audio

Digital Designs

PSI

FI

With the exception of a couple brands you cant single them out because most companys have there SQ line of subs SQL line and there SPL line and with some in between to meet peoples budgets so it would depends on the model in each brand whether or not it will hit low lows or sound great

well yes, the best SPL subs of each brand. like DC lvl 6, FI team, sundown zv4 or team? all these popular subs and often the most expensive, which brand / sub is KNOWN for being best at what?

well yes, the best SPL subs of each brand. like DC lvl 6, FI team, sundown zv4 or team? all these popular subs and often the most expensive, which brand / sub is KNOWN for being best at what?
Well you didnt say specifically SPL you said "smashing lows for example" but i guess that was my misinterpret but Loud is pretty much right

Last edited by a moderator:
i was wondering what subs are known for being able to produce smashing lows for example, and what brands are those?
i am asking what some particular brands are known for?

for example i have heard that DC audio is a low bass master however, i have also heard that DC are not the best quality subs?

What is each brand known for and who is best at what? (for example Low Bass):

Sundown Audio

DC audio

Digital Designs

PSI

FI
More enclosure dependent than anything.

However, Sundown is known for the lows and DD is known for flat response curves.

More importantly, do you own the sub that is your avatar???

If so, what is it? Custom?

I really want that style basket for a custom 15"!!

More enclosure dependent than anything.
However, Sundown is known for the lows and DD is known for flat response curves.

More importantly, do you own the sub that is your avatar???

If so, what is it? Custom?

I really want that style basket for a custom 15"!!
Looks like a Ground Zero sub.

No i dont own my avatar sub, its of my dream subs and i dont know of anything that is more extreme than this,
Its called : Ground Zero GZPW 15spl
Yeah, that thing is a monster. Stereo integrity makes subs for home theater that play super low. Not sure how low end you're looking, but TC sounds LMS Ultra is a low end monster. Though in the proper enclosure with ample power and a sub with good excursion capabilities, many subs can dig pretty low.

No i dont own my avatar sub, its of my dream subs and i dont know of anything that is more extreme than this,
Its called : Ground Zero GZPW 15spl
they are good but not world record breakers like these

cf-black-ddz-red.png

Not saying those plutonium spls dont get loud, they are up there with the rest of the sundown, FI, DC team woofers.

Well, The sa-12s have great lows. I had an sa-12 on less than 1000rms(after box rise) and it still had fantastic lows even for being in a box way too big for it.

Im running the SSA ICON now and its stupid clean and accurate but i cant say it has the same lows as the sundown, but its not totally broken in either. barely a few days of use, if that.

Sundowns get down.

Well, The sa-12s have great lows. I had an sa-12 on less than 1000rms(after box rise) and it still had fantastic lows even for being in a box way too big for it.
Im running the SSA ICON now and its stupid clean and accurate but i cant say it has the same lows as the sundown, but its not totally broken in either. barely a few days of use, if that.

Sundowns get down.
You need a proper 2k to bring out those lows. db slopes on the bandwidth get wider with more power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.