Best SQ subs out there

Participant count
  • Participant list
SI makes good subs. Adire Audio Brahmas are really good, but XBL subs can be problematic because they're "too clean" and will reveal the clipping present in many recordings. The CSS SDX subs also use XBL technology. XBL subs are the cleanest sounding subs to my ears.

SI makes good subs. Adire Audio Brahmas are really good, but XBL subs can be problematic because they're "too clean" and will reveal the clipping present in many recordings. The CSS SDX subs also use XBL technology. XBL subs are the cleanest sounding subs to my ears.
Do you think the SI or Brahmas would be a significant upgrade to the NEO 3.5?

I have the old ferrite FI Q 12. it has been reconed and I wonder if going to the NEO or one of the subs you mentioned would be a huge upgrade. Will be running a teramps smart 3

I'm running 2 sql-15's off a smart3...I'm very happy with them they sound good loud and very smooth at lower volumes as well...

I haven't heard any of the other subs mentioned to compare to though

Having ran a big class a/B sub amp before I can say it definitely sounds better than a class D, but class D pretty much sound identical to me with very few exceptions. I can't tell you why, I can't tell you how it sounds better, I just know in a back to back comparison( both amps installed, speaker leads switched) even my non-audio wife preferred the sound of the A/B.

Matt

Why not?

What other amps then?

I was looking at th e sia 3500, but others suggested not
Id do some researching before jumping into an amplifier purchase. Id look at several amplifiers before jumping on that SD Nut hugging amp. Ive heard people complain about that series and model, lack of power and a waste of money and spending less on a different amplifier to serve justice. there are several choices out there for the $. Determine which sub you want to run and what your electrical can handle or if you are willing to upgrade your electrical and to what extent for how much supply you are needing and what kind of space you are willing to give up for both??

Do you think the SI or Brahmas would be a significant upgrade to the NEO 3.5?

I have the old ferrite FI Q 12. it has been reconed and I wonder if going to the NEO or one of the subs you mentioned would be a huge upgrade. Will be running a teramps smart 3
Maybe a Brahma X. The Fi Q is a pretty capable sub.

Id do some researching before jumping into an amplifier purchase. Id look at several amplifiers before jumping on that SD Nut hugging amp. Ive heard people complain about that series and model, lack of power and a waste of money and spending less on a different amplifier to serve justice. there are several choices out there for the $. Determine which sub you want to run and what your electrical can handle or if you are willing to upgrade your electrical and to what extent for how much supply you are needing and what kind of space you are willing to give up for both??
The enclosure I currently have already takes too much space up in the rear cargo area of my Jeep. I believe it is just over 2 cubes and the Q sounds decent. Initially I wanted to downsize for more cargo space. I quickly learned I would not be happy with that route. Since my Q is so old and taken a beating, I am trying to learn as much as I can about possible upgrades in the near future. I will keep the same enclosure. As far as the power goes, I have the upgraded H7 size Diehard Gold AGM. I am running 0 gauge for power and ground. I think the only addition I would consider would be a higher output alternator, if need be. The teramps HD3000 running the Q did not seem to have any issues until it recently started going into protection mode. I believe the fan stopped working (almost no doubt). So, I am faced with buying a new amp and decided to look at different sub options as well.

If there is an amp around the same size as the Teramps smart 3 that is better, I would be interested. (the sub amp is mounted under the drivers seat.) I would have already purchased a smart 3, however, I continue reading bad reviews about them going into protection mode right out of the box. Since this is my current problem, I am hesitant. Not sure if there is an AB amp out there that would fit under the seat. Thanks for the reply and help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...