best position for subs

prizm01

CarAudio.com Recruit
maine
would facing the subs toward the tail lights in the trunk or taking out rear seat and cutting a hole in the pass thru panel and sliding the whole box in the trunk facing towards the rear seats be better?? PS i have no pass through without the rear seats completely taken out, subs currently are sitting on the rear seat and point at the roof, only about 8-10 inches from headliner

Attachments

• 71185002634__76D22807-4399-45AC-8C02-5897BCAFAEF1.jpeg
    71185002634__76D22807-4399-45AC-8C02-5897BCAFAEF1.jpeg
    751.2 KB · Views: 15
What kind of vehicle? For cars I always got the best sound with the subs and port facing back when only using two. Should still get decent sound even if the rear seat is in the stock position.

Last edited:
Just try out different settings to see what works best of what you have and like. Everyone has a different ear to how theyre music should sound to them.

You can try facing the subs up in the back seat. Trunk... Id face the subs facing the rear of the vehicle and at approx 8 inches away to start with and you can try moving the enclosure back to see which location suits you.

ended up making a mount for them to face forward in the rear seats (which are taken out) and this seemed to be the absolute loudest hands down and windiest position so far, in the trunk i got a lot less wind and the volume was half of what i see with them in the beck seat area. its a chevy prizm so the cab is fairly small anyway so these two 15s pressurize it really well, excellent sound and less rattles

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...