What SUB can low and go pretty high?

MrChow
10+ year member

Basic the story is I need a new sub. I port my old one and it was a crap one anyways. I friend was going to sell me his sub and box that goes all the way down to 25Hz or so, and all the way up to 200Hz for about $120 without shipping and only weight about 20lbs. I didn't want because I didn't like his box setup and how big it was.

So I'm looking for a good sub that can handle that kind of range. I was looking a E8 for the space. The space I have too work with is about 31x12x12. I've offer a Crossfire DB10d2 too.

I just dunno what I should be getting a 10' or 8'. The E8 look like a sick ass lil sub that would the job perfectly but, there hard to find atm and I dunno if the one will be loud enough for me sometimes.

What it comes down to is. What's a good a SQ that'll crossover well with anything, have a lil SPL when I want to turn it up, have a somewhat low cost, and fit anywhere I want it to.

Thanks.

AddEmoticons04220.gif
AddEmoticons04220.gif
AddEmoticons04220.gif
AddEmoticons04220.gif

I would go with a fi Q but in no way should your sub be in the 200 range,It should be crossed over around 80-90
the Q doesn't get really high in all the enclosured I tried. rolling off around 60hz top. Does get low... real low

the Q doesn't get really high in all the enclosured I tried. rolling off around 60hz top. Does get low... real low
Fact of the matter is that the OP is attempting to cross his sub at 200...something is already wrong in this picture.

In fact, for what he "wants" he should probably look for more cone area and a sealed enclosure, in my opinion. Hit his "highs" and "lows".

What's your price range and how much power do you have for the woofer?
About $120. I would have 200 rms going to it.

Fact of the matter is that the OP is attempting to cross his sub at 200...something is already wrong in this picture.
In fact, for what he "wants" he should probably look for more cone area and a sealed enclosure, in my opinion. Hit his "highs" and "lows".
I never did say that I wanted to cross it at 200, did I?

Like you said my friend crossed his sub at 80hz. Only reason I would cross it a bit higher because I don't have a good mids.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.