what speaker

paz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Im wanting to replace my 4inch door speakers, i no there small but i cant fit anything bigger in,
Ive got some cheap jvc speakers at the moment but trying to get something a little better but cant decide. Im thinking either

Rockford fosgate t142
40watt rms each speaker & aluminium tweeters

Jl audio c2 400x
35watts rms each speaker & silk tweeters

Polk audio db401 or db402
45watt rms each & silk tweeter

Which one is better and why?? Or can u recommend some.
I also have an aftermarket headunit but currently dont have an amp for the speakers, but can get one if recommended.

Thanks im just not to sure on what to get

Last edited:
My vote would be the Polks. Rockford isn't what they used to be and JL's are generally overpriced. You might look at some Dayton's as well.

Ok thanks
Quality wise and sound wise would polk sound better than jl?? On paper they look fairly similar.
I haven't got any shops near me that sell any of these 2 brands to listen to, so just checking before i find some online.

Ok thanks
Quality wise and sound wise would polk sound better than jl?? On paper they look fairly similar.
I haven't got any shops near me that sell any of these 2 brands to listen to, so just checking before i find some online.

Sound wise is always a personal choice. I've never run JL's. It just seems like people run them just to say that they have JL's. They buy them for the name, not the sound.

I agree... I would get the Rockford Fosgates. I think what everyone else also said in their round about ways was go for the Fosgates. Carbon Fiber and Poly cone, 1" Aluminum dome tweeter and it is a POWER SERIES SPEAKER. If it's in the list and you can afford it... why would you not get it?

So im having a few issues sourcing speakers lol
Ive called and emailed a few places and they wont have any polk db402 speakers in for at least 8 weeks. Sounds like there a shortage .
I can get the jl c2 400x for $130 aud
I can get the rockfords t142 for $125 aud

Jbl not real keen as the only 4 inch speakers i can find are 3ohms they are $135 aud

Morel abit pricey for what i want to spend
I can get infinity Ref4022cfx for $150aud
They look pretty good but dont really no much about that brand or nevet owned that brand..
Any opinions??

Ive called and emailed a few places and they wont have any polk db402 speakers in for at least 8 weeks. Sounds like there a shortage .

Jbl not real keen as the only 4 inch speakers i can find are 3ohms they are $135 aud

They look pretty good but dont really no much about that brand or nevet owned that brand..
Any opinions??
Amazon has the Polk db402 right now.

Any opinions??
I read some JBL literature a while back where they said they do the 3ohm thing for speakers that are to use factory speaker wires with the end result bringing the speaker to near 4ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.