what size soldering wick should I use?

Participant count
  • Participant list
You mean size of solder? I would use small strand rosin core. The big strand rosin core is hard to work with on small wires.

Wick is mostly used to remove solder and I have used it to fix plastic items that have a crack in them.

I had a remote starter installed yesterday and the tech soldered all the wires. It was quality work so I plan to do the same. I've never soldered before but will learn I just don't know what size to use.

Soldering just takes a little patience and practice.

I would try on some scrap wire first to learn on. A lot easier then having to cut wires shorter because of a bad connection while learning.

Also - you tube videos would help a lot to show you what you are looking for in a good connection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.