what should i set my lpf too for 2 12" RE SE and box volume question..

300ZX Twin Turbo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PA
ported box with 2 RE SE using a saz 1500d need to know what the to set my LPF to the box im using currently is ported tuned to 34 hz im not actually sure i dont remember as a matter of fact could someone tell me what my box volume is with the specs provided also thanks guys...

width: 38"

height 15"

depth 17.5"

PORT

width 3.5"

length 13"

RE SE displacement is .15 im just trying to see if this box is big enough for good output and good lows and i need to get my amp setting correct its kinda of hard to set them when the dials dont have #'s ...

not that its any help to you...

i cant remember what the 15 se calls for...but i ran 2 se 15s in 9.2 tuned to 38hz ina 4 dr tahoe...never any problems..

built my brother a box for 2 se 12s...8.5 tuned to 42 in an ext cab f150...and with a sundown 1500....it was killer

eta...the lpf was set around 50 on both setups

if all your using it for is music i wouldnt be worried. not much below 35 hz in music anyways. the natural high roll off of ported boxes if built right and used for what they are built for dont need a lpf. now if you play movies in your car then yeah, lpf at around 25hz. but just play with it to see with tones. its all in testing my friend.

if all your using it for is music i wouldnt be worried. not much below 35 hz in music anyways. the natural high roll off of ported boxes if built right and used for what they are built for dont need a lpf. now if you play movies in your car then yeah, lpf at around 25hz. but just play with it to see with tones. its all in testing my friend.
i think you mean HPF at 25hz... LPF at 25hz would mean it would only play tones below 25hz?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

BTW Any pics of your "killer camry" ?

i think you mean HPF at 25hz... LPF at 25hz would mean it would only play tones below 25hz?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
BTW Any pics of your "killer camry" ?
sorry, yeah HPF at around 25hz lmao, just got home from the bar lmao!

yea but the saz has an lpf not and hpf... and i dont have anywhere near enough room for 8 cubes.... does anyone know how to determine the internal volume?

20" Rims a lil chrome accents eye lids on the front painted and everything. not too much its a work in progress what i really want is a new car...

Your LPF should be set anywhere between 60-100Hz depending on your mids and personal preference. What I think you are trying to ask is what your subsonic filter should be set to. The subsonic filter is a low frequency HPF. Set it to around 25Hz or not at all.

i put my dimensions in but it doesnt tell me the internal volume like how many cubes it is i wana make sure this box is good for them..

Your LPF should be set anywhere between 60-100Hz depending on your mids and personal preference. What I think you are trying to ask is what your subsonic filter should be set to. The subsonic filter is a low frequency HPF. Set it to around 25Hz or not at all.
it took 8 post to get a good answer, thats pretty weak

to the OP the re box calc says box volume, its the 3rd line from the bottem(FT3) ill asume your port is 13.5" tall and i said its 3.5 wide and 13" long ad ill asume thats without a L

the NET box volume and tuning is 3.7 cu ft at 37Hz. the volume for the a pair of SE12s is just a touch small and the tuning i would say is a tad on the high for the SEs. the SEs like to be tuned in the mid to low 30s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.