what should i get first?

prnstr

hi, i have 92 honda accord LX and im highschool student with not a lot of cash on me. at the moment everything is stock in the car but the speakers are blown total ****. the speakers have no surrounding around the speaker and it sounds like crap and makes this really anoying rattling sound. and right now im using my portable cd player with a car kit to listen to my cd's. ive been trying to save my money up to 2 sets of speakers or a cdplayer. ive heard from people that i should get a cd player head unit first. but in my mind i think i should get some speakers first which i was looking at the Infinity Reference 652i 6 1/2" ... so if anyone could give me some help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

~pete

What good is a brand spanking shiny new head unit gonna do for ya if your speakers **** a$$ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I would say go with the speakers first then get a new head unit.

those ref's sound great...

if youa re planning on adding a sub later, then they'll be o for ya, if notm, tehy are VERY weak on midbass...

i would go with the 652's up front and a set of reference 6x9's in teh back..

also if you have the cash, get a decent little amp for em...

Normally I would say always get the head unit first, from experience. But since your speakers are actually blown/torn to hell I would say get the speakers first.

Normally I would say always get the head unit first, from experience. But since your speakers are actually blown/torn to hell I would say get the speakers first.

i would get the head unit. you can find a good deal on some old used pioneers or kenwoods or somthing. that what i did befor i got my audiobahn 6X9s and 4X6s. i just went to the pawn shop and picked up 2 kenwood 6x9s and 2 4x6s for $20 for everything. then like a month later i got my audiobahns. so in other words, u can get better speekers later. if i were you, i wouldnt want to me playing some brand new infinitys through my stock head unit. (Distortion kills speakers faster than over- powering) and thats what youd be doing. all u need first is th HU you want and soom (TEMPORARY) mids/highs i wouldent get n e thing for lows and bass ---thats what subs r for.

i hope i helped you out a little

get some speakers first. polk speakers are good and so are infinity's. good sq. then get a hu. i would recomend an alpine or kenwood. i have a kenwood and it is one of the best i heard.

hey i waz kind of in ur shoes b4. my one left speaker in my 93 accord sounded like crap. but when i got my h/u it didnt sound as bad as it did with the stock in it. but from what im hearing id get the speakers first. i waz lucky that my friend got a new new car and gave me his alpines from his old.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.