What should i do to reach get 14.4 volts to my amp?

kotec123
10+ year member

Flame
Chicago
My amp is an alpine mrd-m1005 and it puts out 1000 rms at 2 ohms but only if its gettin 14.4 volts to it. Im using 4 ga wire for my power and grround to the amp. Im using a rockford fosgate 1 farad capacitor, and i am running 4 ga power wire into and out of it, but for its ground, i am using 8 ga wire. Currently the amp reads around 14 volts sometimes 13.9v. I want to get the most out of the amp so please give me solutions that would give me that extra boost in power thanks!

My amp is an alpine mrd-m1005 and it puts out 1000 rms at 2 ohms but only if its gettin 14.4 volts to it. Im using 4 ga wire for my power and grround to the amp. Im using a rockford fosgate 1 farad capacitor, and i am running 4 ga power wire into and out of it, but for its ground, i am using 8 ga wire. Currently the amp reads around 14 volts sometimes 13.9v. I want to get the most out of the amp so please give me solutions that would give me that extra boost in power thanks!

do the big 3, run 1/0 guage power and ground, loose the cap.

What vehicle is it that this is in, that can handle a 1000w amplifier with no upgrading? (I know many of you are doing more than that, just curious on what he's driving //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif )

Upgrading big 3 and running @ least 1/0 guage power/ground is your best bet. As Tee mentioned loose the cap. Do you already have an upgraded battery?

No matter what I do on my girls car, I only get 13.86 volts.

im in an acura 3.5 rl....i just got done installing that new 4 ga amp kit so im not gonna change wire now! I think im gonna try putting in an 80 amp fuse instead of the 60 amp fuse that it came with. I tried running the amp with out the cap and it literally killed my battery and alternator, so the cap is a must. let me know of the fuse shud make a difference?

I tried running the amp with out the cap and it literally killed my battery and alternator, so the cap is a must. let me know of the fuse shud make a difference?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

im in an acura 3.5 rl....i just got done installing that new 4 ga amp kit so im not gonna change wire now! I think im gonna try putting in an 80 amp fuse instead of the 60 amp fuse that it came with. I tried running the amp with out the cap and it literally killed my battery and alternator, so the cap is a must. let me know of the fuse shud make a difference?
no a fuse does not increase voltage. i cannot believe a cap saved your battery and alt. these things aren't magic

I tried running the amp with out the cap and it literally killed my battery and alternator, so the cap is a must. let me know of the fuse shud make a difference?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif a cap can't save your battery and alt. What kind of tests were used to come to this conclusion?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.