What settings should my head unit and amp be on when setting gain with a DMM?

If you're using a bass knob, set the gains with the bass knob connected and cranked all the way up. Never boost the signal any more than it was when you set it with a DMM
Also make sure to set the LPF around 80 and the subsonic filter around 5-10 Hz below your box's tuning
Ok thanks, I'll do that! The new amp I have doesn't have a subsonic filter but it only puts out frequencies from 10hz onwards, so would that mean it has a built in subsonic filter?

Ok thanks, I'll do that! The new amp I have doesn't have a subsonic filter but it only puts out frequencies from 10hz onwards, so would that mean it has a built in subsonic filter?
Sort of.. If your box is tuned above 30hz you could seriously damage the subs by playing notes 10hz or more below tuning.

My box is tuned to 35 hz.. What can I do about this?
Getting a new amp with a subsonic filter is about it. You can cause a lot of damage to subs if a song has a, say, 20HZ note (not many do, but still)

What amp do you currently have?

Why does everyone say to keep bass level on head unit at 0 and not max? its an attenuation circuit why wouldnt you keep it all the way up... your just throwing away more swing in that setting

Getting a new amp with a subsonic filter is about it. You can cause a lot of damage to subs if a song has a, say, 20HZ note (not many do, but still)
What amp do you currently have?
pioneer GM-D8601, and for listening to rap and electonix music do you think I would be fine. I can't thing of any songs that have frequencies lower than say 30hz. The deepest bass extension song I have is Deion sandals by riff raff.
Wouldn't the swing in the bass remote be enough Phemps?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.