What ohms are H/U's rated at????

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kaos
10+ year member

My H/U says it is 55x4 (Pioneer DEH-P3500), but my question is what are the ohms of that? I am assuming it is 4 ohms since a majority of the door speakers I have seen are rated at 4 ohms. I have searched for my h/u's specs online and I can't find anything telling what the ohm's are for the spec's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif

keep in mind that 50x4 is MAX power... it's 22 x 4 @ 4 ohms RMS

continuous power output is 22 w per channel minimum into 4 ohms

maximum power output - 50w x 4

50w x 2/4 ohms + 70w x 1/2 ohms for subwoofer

Thanks for the help. I figured it was for 4ohms but couldn't find the definitive answer. I am running 4 Kenwood 6x8's off this h/u. The ratings for the spks. are 2-50w RMS and 91db's, will this be ok? TIA.

yeah u should be ok... 22w should be fine... just don't turn the radio all the way up or crank bass... loud... eq-ex and SLA alll the way up like everyone loves doin with their pioneers...

Slody4Futbol: Yep, your right (I installed the spks. this morning). As long as I don't go past 35 on the volume the spks. sound fine. I still have to do some tweaking w/ the H/U settings but I think it will be acceptable. I am not looking to put a whole lot into this truck as I think I will be getting rid of it before long. I just wanted something that will sound fairly good for now. Paired w/ the Kicker Comp VR's a RF amp and Pioneer h/u this set up will hold me over for now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.