2 ohms or one?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DiggerDog

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey Guys, I have a couple 6.5 CT Sounds 4 ohm Meso DVCs on the way and going to power them with the CT 1000 Mono. I got the 6.5s because a 12 would be an issue due to lack of room. My question is what is the best way to wire them? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm doing a complete makeover in a 2008 Vette that still has the original system and it really really *****. I'm pulling the seats and carpet out starting tomorrow and will start with some Kill Mat. I have a Pioneer 4500 Nex HU, CT 3 way comp set that will be powered off the CT 1k 4 channel amp. I'm building a Box for the 2 6.5 Subs hoping I can get somewhere close to the right design and size. I've installed my own stereos and speakers for years but never anything like this and I know it's not much compared to what most of you have but I would appreciate any help, advice, and constructive criticism. Thanks!

any help, advice, and constructive criticism. Thanks!
Since subs are 400 watts RMS each, I would do 1 Ohm. As for the box, for a boomy response you will need a total net of 0.6 cubic foot for both subs. Add to that the thickness of material you plan to use. For a flatter response it says 0.36 cubic foot. I see fiberglass in your immediate future. Good luck.
Screenshot_20230809-172640.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...