Alpine, need to make a decision

gotbusch7

ok, i have been looking at the Alpine CDA-9830 and the Alpine CDA-9827. I like the look of the 27 because i am not sure if i like the green buttons on then 30, but the blue buttons complement my car. PLus the 30 has the 4 eq bands and i think that would definately be a plus. I also plan on getting subs and other speakers, so i think the bass engine plus would be a lot better. I dont know, i'll gladly take suggestions. Thanks

My friend has the 9827, while I have the 9830. I do like the the fact that he does not have a motorized face, simply because it is more parts that can break. But the lack of an eq you can set yourself is a con. The blue buttons are extremely bright as well. It is a good head unit for the money, but it does lack some features.

I love my 9830, but the motorized face scares me. The multicolor display on it does not make it look so bland. However, in order to fine tune the sound of it, you really should be parked and taking time to adjust it to your liking. Very good head unit, and I am happy to say I got it with a full warranty for only $260.

Those are my only issues with either. Your best bet is to go to a shop and play with them to decide which one you like better. And if you'd like I can give you a coupon code to get $20 off from crutchfield //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif They really helped me get through installing it.

if you want one and have never purchased from crutchfield, I'll give you a coupon code. Just PM me if interested. OdieTRP gave me one so I managed to save a little bit. And I'll gladly help someone else out too.

When I bought the 9830 it was $279.95; I think Crutchfield has them for $249.95 now. With $20 off that's a **** good deal. Something else to think about; I bought a 3 year extended warranty from Crutchfield with mine and it was $35. Pretty well worth considering the motorized face.

It has a nice biolite screen,

5 eq bands, and Bass Engine Pro, etc..

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-X4u0Z3ItJIS/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=62700&c=3&s=0&cc=01&pt2=0&ITM500CDA9827=on&ITM500CDA9835=on&x=33&y=6

i think you can get the 9835 for around 350 on ebay, 27 is around 210, and 27 is around 190. but if you go eaby thier not authorized dealers so you get a shitty warenty, if one at all. and if your on a budget check this one out, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39752&item=5740910931&rd=1 its refurbished, but pioneer makes sure they work 100% so should work fine minus a few scratches, and around 80$ cheaper.

if you want one and have never purchased from crutchfield, I'll give you a coupon code. Just PM me if interested. OdieTRP gave me one so I managed to save a little bit. And I'll gladly help someone else out too.
Is that coupon exclusive to that deck or could I use it for a pioneer deck?

I was about to get me a 9835, ran out of stock tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

anyways, can't you change the illumination colors on the face for the 9830??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.