What ohm am i at

Boomstang99

Ohio
I have 2 12 inch infinity reference 1260w single 4 ohm subwoofers.

My amp is a Hifonics GLX1000.1D

I want to wire them at 2ohms so i get 750w rms. I know in the online diagrams they have the wires going from the amp to the first subwoofer then to the second subwoofer. My amp as two positive and negative speaker outputs. I ran one subwoofer to each. so both subwoofers are connected to the amp directly. Is it the same thing? am i running at 2ohms?

You should be good... You could also ran them pos. and pos. together into the outside positive on the amp and neg. and neg. together to the outside negative on the amp. Assuming your amp looks like this: - + - +

I have 2 12 inch infinity reference 1260w single 4 ohm subwoofers.
My amp is a Hifonics GLX1000.1D

I want to wire them at 2ohms so i get 750w rms. I know in the online diagrams they have the wires going from the amp to the first subwoofer then to the second subwoofer. My amp as two positive and negative speaker outputs. I ran one subwoofer to each. so both subwoofers are connected to the amp directly. Is it the same thing? am i running at 2ohms?
Yes. You have them wired correctly and they are wired as a 2-ohm load.

The two minus (-) terminals on the amp are wired together internally and the two plus (+) terminals are wired together internally, so you have effectively wired your two subs in parallel for 2-ohms. The advantage of doing it this way is that the sub leads are each carrying half the total current so you will get more effective use of your given wire gauge with less voltage drop between amp and subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.