Camry 2007 rear spks wiring options

Participant count
  • Participant list

Leorome

I have 2007 camry SE without navigation but with JBL system, I bought pair of speakers for the rear to replace the factory one, when I took everything apart the old speakers has 4 cables red, black, yellow and green 2 cables going to the twearter and the another 2 go to on the botton of the speakers the new speakers only have 2 cables, I connect the new speakers to red and black cable, but instead to get better sound the new ones are to soft, any suggestion I bought the wrong speaker? I need to buy speakers with 4 cable coming out also to match factory? and if is like that what is the name of those speakers ?

any suggestion thank you

the factory premium system is amplified separately. simple drop-in's won't be any better if they aren't component-style so they can be bi-wired also. if you are lucky, you just wired the tweeter connections and using the other pair will give a full-range signal.

premium systems are more difficult to upgrade because you need to intercept all of the wires with a summing interface the feed an external amplifier.

what is your goal with replacing only the rear speakers? that is the least useful investment to make with minimal, if any, gains.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.