What kind of system do i need

ryan1235

Oregon
Hi, guys I want to put a nice system in a chevy astro van. I play in a metal band so i will be playing metal. I was thinking about putting speakers in all 4 corners in the back with some subs. What kind of system do you recommend for good quality but cheap as possible?

thanks

Well, cheap = not as good. Like everyone says "You get what you pay for". Cheap is just means you pay the same amount eventually, because cheap goes out quicker. Lets say you bought a cheap subs and all went out at same time or not and you replace exactly same sub(s) it goes out again and the warranties even are worse. You end up going to pay in longer run the same as if you paid more the first time. Not saying pay your ass out for it. Just saying get something a little in middle of the line, then you should be a lot happier.

Cheap shows that your not set well.

Middle shows your doing something and have money saved.

Top of the line shows you either Rich or you just spent you whole life savings for it. Watch out for this one, because if you have people seeing this nice stuff plan on being jacked hard.

Brands to look for:

JL Audio Top

Rockford Fosgate Close to Top (Subs not so good as JL Audio)

Alpine is from Low to Top

Kicker

Hertz

Low end:

Power Acoustic

Sony Xplod except my Head Unit is cheap, but does real well. Had it almost two years now.

Kenwood except their higher end stuff.

Others I can't think of off hand.

There are others and other posters will say what they are. This is just what I prefer, if you are a local audio store shopper.

Hi, guys I want to put a nice system in a chevy astro van. I play in a metal band so i will be playing metal. I was thinking about putting speakers in all 4 corners in the back with some subs. What kind of system do you recommend for good quality but cheap as possible?
thanks
If you want something that sounds good DON'T put the high's in the back four corners of the car, you will want one good set of components "amped"(up front only) and a small/med. sub/amp in back and you will be set

If you want something that sounds good DON'T put the high's in the back four corners of the car, you will want one good set of components "amped"(up front only) and a small/med. sub/amp in back and you will be set
Well people are going to be riding in the back and i want them to hear it just as good as me? so what should I do?

Never mind I reread it. i see what you mean

Well, cheap = not as good. Like everyone says "You get what you pay for". Cheap is just means you pay the same amount eventually, because cheap goes out quicker. Lets say you bought a cheap subs and all went out at same time or not and you replace exactly same sub(s) it goes out again and the warranties even are worse. You end up going to pay in longer run the same as if you paid more the first time. Not saying pay your ass out for it. Just saying get something a little in middle of the line, then you should be a lot happier.
Cheap shows that your not set well.

Middle shows your doing something and have money saved.

Top of the line shows you either Rich or you just spent you whole life savings for it. Watch out for this one, because if you have people seeing this nice stuff plan on being jacked hard.

Brands to look for:

JL Audio Top

Rockford Fosgate Close to Top (Subs not so good as JL Audio)

Alpine is from Low to Top

Kicker

Hertz

Low end:

Power Acoustic

Sony Xplod except my Head Unit is cheap, but does real well. Had it almost two years now.

Kenwood except their higher end stuff.

Others I can't think of off hand.

There are others and other posters will say what they are. This is just what I prefer, if you are a local audio store shopper.
lawl

alpine type R all around, everyone here will ***** and moan but over all its the best bang for the buck without going with an online only brand (which is ok if you go that route)

whats the over all budget?

are you gonna run an amp to your mids?

You will happier if you do. head unit vs 100 watts from an amp is a HUGE improvement

budget and install skills are your limiting factors

alpine type R all around, everyone here will ***** and moan but over all its the best bang for the buck without going with an online only brand (which is ok if you go that route)
whats the over all budget?

are you gonna run an amp to your mids?

You will happier if you do. head unit vs 100 watts from an amp is a HUGE improvement

budget and install skills are your limiting factors
Well my budget is probable 500 max and i can install it all by myself. i just need to know exactly what i need to make that van sound good.

Well my budget is probable 500 max and i can install it all by myself. i just need to know exactly what i need to make that van sound good.
at that budget, you're best bet is probably a decent 5 channel amp with a nice entry level 12" sub in a good ported box with a decent set of coaxials and than your amp kit price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.