? about 2007 Accord deck install

Participant count
  • Participant list

nauc
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
my buddy has a Kenwood deck he wants to put in using this...

Honda Accord Kit 2003-up, chassis size E at Crutchfield.com

x120997862-f.jpeg

his dash looks like this....

wm03h0.jpg

but how does that work tho, will it bypass the stock deck functions etc

thanks

This isn't a help, sorry, just wanted to say best of luck. I said screw it and used a cleansweep. Try driveaccord.net forums if you don't get any help here.

I had a 2007 Accord and IIRC they will give you a harness that will allow the stock radio to control the climate controls but you will have to wire in the speakers and what not.

Also, the kit that replaces the climate controls ****** balls in 2007 because it would require that you turn the car off and start it again to get your climate controls working. It was a horrible hack job that cost a fortune for the functionality that it screwed up. Then again, that could have changed since my Accord met an untimely death via drunk driver after 8 months of ownership in 2007. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

did you have this kit, cause it doesnt replace the climate controls. the kit sits below the climate controls. it replaces the cd changer and storage spot thats under the changer

h120997862-fp.jpg

bump

I had the kit that replaced the climate controls and it was a huge POS. When it worked, about 10% of the time, everything was golden BUT when it stopped working, I had to restart the car to get AC again.

I actually put the stock radio back in and was going to go with the kit in your photo. Unfortunately a drunk driver changed my audio plans for that car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I had the kit that replaced the climate controls and it was a huge POS. When it worked, about 10% of the time, everything was golden BUT when it stopped working, I had to restart the car to get AC again.
I actually put the stock radio back in and was going to go with the kit in your photo. Unfortunately a drunk driver changed my audio plans for that car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
got it, thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.