What is the Proper Size Box for this Sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dthor68
10+ year member

I just purchased this Sub, Dayton Audio DCS255-4 10" Classic Subwoofer 4 Ohm. This speaker was recommended by a long shot over 3 other models. It looks like the volume needed for this speaker is very small at .3 cubic feet. I have a 12" x 12" x 12" Sealed Box made of 7/8 MDF. Can I just drop the Dayton in and cram a bunch of stuffing in the box or will I need to cut the box down to make it perform at its best?

Thanks,

Derek

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I would do as much as you can afford when you place your new speakers in if you cant do it all now. you can always pull your door panels off later...
Someone was telling me I need to have a battery isolator and some kind of DC to DC charger or do I run it directly off the main battery post pos...
Could not tell you, but you may want to start by going to crutchfield and get a consensus on the 7 or so replacements they recommend. That average...
Absolutely. I am always learning and think it's probably impossible to stop learning. I appreciate the advice and don't doubt for a second the...

About this thread

dthor68

10+ year member
dthor68
Greenville SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from