What is "SQ" these days?

Those paid apps and you'll need a pink noise generator or pink noise on a usb/cd. For android you might need a splitter cable so the phone doesn't automatically treat it as headphones but as an actual mic instead.
I was reading over the literature on the Dayton audio website for the calibrated mic and they gave a link for an app to use with the mic... I figure if they suggest it, I will go with it. $8 app though geesh. It's called AudioTool if anyone wants it. Goes by the same name on Google Play. Thanks Jeffdachef for suggesting the mic.

Zapco dsp-z8 iv... Please tell me this is an acceptable DSP. Yes?
I would not buy a zapco dsp, if you look through the forums on diyma, i believe there were some quality control and many user issues people had with the zapco dsps. the helix dsps seem to be the most reliable and user friendly.

the jl twk 88 is a good one as well.

I looked at the H8... looks cool but I don't want to use high level inputs and I don't see an option for low level inputs. The least expensive I could find the Helix is $750 (eBay). Is that good? Is there any literature on the Dayton?
Hey Jeffdachef on the subject of apps for the android phone of mine for that Dayton Audio calibrated mic, you said a paid app... is there a specific one that stands out above the others? I don't want to get a crap one.

Also, I reached out to Audiocontrol and inquired on if they plan to update their software and or firmware to add the ability to EQ left to right independently or each speaker individually. Hopefully they respond.
It has low level in. What are you looking at? Lol

[/color]

It has a low level AUX input but the others are high level for sure... what are YOUUUU looking at?
that just means you only need one pair of full range RCAs to get proper signal to all 8 channels of output. Thats usually what low level aux inputs mean on DSPs. Not a 3.5mm jack....

Ok, I see what you are saying... but will 1 set of full range rca's give all the information? What if you have music recorded in quadraphonic like The Beatles... How does that work? I have 6 channels coming out of my HU... I'd be sending only 1/3 of the information to the DSP right?

Ok, I see what you are saying... but will 1 set of full range rca's give all the information? What if you have music recorded in quadraphonic like The Beatles... How does that work? I have 6 channels coming out of my HU... I'd be sending only 1/3 of the information to the DSP right?
No, each front or rear RCA output on the head unit will be full range if you turn off all high pass filters, you are getting 100% of the signal from either front or rear yes that includes subwoofer frequencies as well because the high pass is turned off. The DSP takes care of everything as long as you choose the correct speaker configuration.

I was reading over the literature on the Dayton audio website for the calibrated mic and they gave a link for an app to use with the mic... I figure if they suggest it, I will go with it. $8 app though geesh. It's called AudioTool if anyone wants it. Goes by the same name on Google Play. Thanks Jeffdachef for suggesting the mic.
ThxOne, I have that microphone and AudioControl app, and it works very well; I started out with it. I now use a calibrated Mini DSP microphone and REW to tune. Using that app and condenser microphone is a great way to start out though. Be warned that once you catch the bug to tweak it more, that you will be upgrading to REW and a better microphone.

I’ve been experiementing with raw drivers from Parts Express and Madisound for a while. I can tell you that this is a great way to get excellent sound without spending hundreds for name brand car audio specific drivers. This is especially true for tweeters, full range, and mid range drivers. With woofers and mid bass drivers though, you have to be a little more careful with your selections as most of the home audio drivers are designed to be installed in an enclosure.

Nice little video on a 3’ full range driver I absolutely love.

The guy is also using REW with the mini DSP microphone in this video with a JL Audio DSP to tune the drivers. It’s all about the sound quality!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ThxOne

Premium Member
The Boss
ThxOne
The United States of America
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date