What is "SQ" these days?

Since the RF is coming I will try it out... well, in the Jeep first. If it *****, oh well... lesson learned, I can always make another $200. I got my Daytonaudio iMM-6 today. I too will stay tuned to see how the Dayton DSP does.
if you got it for 200... you can legit sell it for 300 and make money. thats a steal lol.

What is sound quality in car audio?

• speaker placement

• speaker quality

• installation and general system design

• source - CD or better (Hi res)

• surround sound (adds resolution! It's a third, rear channel! It's more musical information! Huge secret revealed here!

• adequate power for dynamic range

• subwoofer (some people don't like 'em - huge mistake - in my opinion, it's not an audiophile system if you don't have a sub)

• the room - in cars, keep the speakers low below the windows. Windows can create nasty reflections you can't fix with EQ. This means no dash speakers, for one thing. Also, lots of damping, and change your muffler to a quiet, Cadillac-like one if you are serious about sound.

head units, wires, amps, do not give you sound quality.

sadly, you will never get a car to sound as good as a room

What is sound quality in car audio?

• speaker placement

• speaker quality

• installation and general system design

• source - CD or better (Hi res)

• surround sound (adds resolution! It's a third, rear channel! It's more musical information! Huge secret revealed here!

• adequate power for dynamic range

• subwoofer (some people don't like 'em - huge mistake - in my opinion, it's not an audiophile system if you don't have a sub)

• the room - in cars, keep the speakers low below the windows. Windows can create nasty reflections you can't fix with EQ. This means no dash speakers, for one thing. Also, lots of damping, and change your muffler to a quiet, Cadillac-like one if you are serious about sound.

head units, wires, amps, do not give you sound quality.

sadly, you will never get a car to sound as good as a room
Lol wtf are you talking about.

1. Stereo is not recorded in surround.

2 who does not like subs?

3 USB and even BT can sound great. Hi-res is mostly a gimmick.

4 if you don’t think speakers can be high then you have never heard a good car. Do they have to be? No. But they can be. And it’s prefered.

Lol wtf are you talking about. 1. Stereo is not recorded in surround.

That's not exactly true. Do a little more research. Four channels can be derived from any stereo signal - left, right, center, and surround (rear). Lucy, you got some splainin' to do!

2 who does not like subs?

- lol! thank god most people want subs - but I have seen a few who think they don't need one - that's when I push the subs hard. Heck, even I listen to jazz a lot these days - but I have frickin' arena bass.... I would not have it any other way, lol!

3 USB and even BT can sound great. Hi-res is mostly a gimmick.

- We've discussed this before. We will have to agree to disagree. I'm the biggest skeptic in the world, I don't believe it until I hear it.... but I have heard some hi res music tracks that sound waaaaaaaay better than any CD.

4 if you don’t think speakers can be high then you have never heard a good car. Do they have to be? No. But they can be. And it’s prefered.
- surround sound can bring your image height up, without the problems of reflections from high speakers! Surround sound can cure a multiple of sins

- surround sound can bring your image height up, without the problems of reflections from high speakers! Surround sound can cure a multiple of sins
I’m a competitor. Been around a bit.

Differential rear fill is not surround. And it adds depth not height.

My DSP upmixs 7.1. Explain all you want. I’ve done it.

You're like one of those highly functional retards. You don't extend any respect to others for their experience, but you attempt to command it all the time with your "I'm a competitor" ego, lol.

1qb9ky.jpg

TEaPTc7.png

yickt.jpg

I don't know what differential surround is... give me a link.

True rear surround channels, sometime expressed as matrix, L-R, or Dolby rears, can bring the front image up to where the dash meets the window, even with low front door mounted speakers. Everything needs to be set up just right.

Delayed or non-delayed mono or stereo signals in the rear probably won't do it. You might have some success with delayed, but that's not the best approach in my opinion.

Oh, maybe by differential, you mean difference signal.... that's also a name for rear surround sound channels.

I did design the L-R ambiance channel for the old JL audio 5-channel amp (I think it's discontinued now). I know a couple of things

I don't know what differential surround is... give me a link.
True rear surround channels, sometime expressed as matrix, L-R, or Dolby rears, can bring the front image up to where the dash meets the window, even with low front door mounted speakers. Everything needs to be set up just right.

Delayed or non-delayed mono or stereo signals in the rear probably won't do it. You might have some success with delayed, but that's not the best approach in my opinion.

Oh, maybe by differential, you mean difference signal.... that's also a name for rear surround sound channels.

I did design the L-R ambiance channel for the old JL audio 5-channel amp (I think it's discontinued now). I know a couple of things
With differential rear fill you L/R and R/L the rears. But you have to be able to delay the **** of of them. Only a couple DSPs will do it.

As long as the drivers are not beaming the stage will be eye level. Again, only 2 DSPs currently upmix to surround sound. Mine and the Alpine H800. The only thing it does is make the passenger seat better. That’s it. And it doesn’t work with every song.

Btw. Being a competitor that wins means that I have to know what’s what. I’m not just talking out of my ***.
No, it just means all your worthless posts read the same and carry no weight. "Shut up Wrongo, or I will compete you!" "Respect me because I am unsure of who I am!" lmao

No, it just means all your worthless posts read the same and carry no weight. "Shut up Wrongo, or I will compete you!" "Respect me because I am unsure of who I am!" lmao
And what do you do? Besides argue.

If you get over yourself I can bring you into the 21st century.

And what do you do? Besides argue. If you get over yourself I can bring you into the 21st century.
Ever notice I only argue with you? I see you condescending to people all the time, you just made a hilarious attempt with the 21st century remark. You have no problem being the kid that knocks over other kids' sand castles, why would I not be the kid who walks over and pisses on your head while you're doing that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ThxOne

Premium Member
The Boss
ThxOne
The United States of America
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date