What is it worth?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Robert Blackham

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just picked up a Pyle Plmra 1000D 2000 Watt Block Amplifier for 70 bucks. It's basically brand new and I was just wondering what they normally sell for. Wasn't able to find anything as far as prices online. Thanks for the help. 

15539793345064517721899407516825.jpg

Goodwill sells almost any electronics for $7.99 as long as they can verify it turns on. However was Pyle ever really that good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodwill sells almost any electronics for $7.99 as long as they can verify it turns on. However was Pyle ever really that good?
True... my experience is that sure it lights-up.

But there's always something deeper lurking to bite you in the azz buying from Goodwill.

Idk how many Vcr's I've bought/wasted money on over the years... lol

My money woulda' been better spent buying Pyle products.

Well... maybe... that's a pretty bold statement.

The bar is set floor level when discussing Pyle and Goodwill,

H*ll... Swap-meet sh*t is an upgrade Imo in certain cases.

True... my experience is that sure it lights-up.

But there's always something deeper lurking to bite you in the azz buying from Goodwill.

Idk how many Vcr's I've bought/wasted money on over the years... lol

My money woulda' been better spent buying Pyle products.

Well... maybe... that's a pretty bold statement.

The bar is set floor level when discussing Pyle and Goodwill,

H*ll... Swap-meet sh*t is an upgrade Imo in certain cases.
That's the truth.  I love goodwill. But you have to know what you are looking for.  I have bought my last 3 monitors for my PC from Goodwill. One would still be working today if I had not dropped it and cracked the LCD. I think they were around 8 bucks each too lol.

my old lady worked there for a few years till she got caught at 420 on her break. She had great benefits. It's amazing what people will try to give away. underwear dirty socks you name it. Mostly a lot of junk with a diamond that pops up every now and then..

I knew I guy who found 2 full working DELL power edge servers. Packed full with all the ECC RAM, disks etc.  Had to haul them out on a dolly, but he got a deal that day for sure. Lol

It is a good dumping ground for all kinds of stuff, that's for sure.  Sometimes I wonder if the staff keeps the really good stuff for themselves...

my old lady worked there for a few years till she got caught at 420 on her break. She had great benefits. It's amazing what people will try to give away. underwear dirty socks you name it. Mostly a lot of junk with a diamond that pops up every now and then..
Seriously? So if I get a job at Goodwill I can stop buying dirty panties online? Sweet!

I worked for goodwill for a couple of years.  One time I found $920 in a sock.  We were supposed to turn in all money, but I kept it cause no one saw it but me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.