86 Corvette Bose System

Participant count
  • Participants list
I have the dreaded Bose system in my 86 Corvette where each of the four speaker enclosures houses a dedicated amp for that speaker.  The speakers are 1-ohm so a newer amp can't power those... I'd like to take a newer head unit and hook it up to the remote amps once I get them rebuilt and new Bose 1-ohm speakers installed.  My question is this: would the pre-amp level signal from a newer head unit feed those amps effectively?  Does anyone have any experience with these systems?  There are reasons why I want to go this route but I'll hold off going into them until someone specifically needs to know...

Thanks!

SMH... this is why I didn’t want to ask in the first place... I really don’t want to go into why... suffice it to say I LIKE the old Bose sound from the speakers and enclosures... I just want to go with a newer head unit.  So, based on that, any help on line level inputs into the Bose amps?  Thanks!

This is from what Ive experienced. To make things simple and without any issues. RIP ALL THAT GARBAGE OUT! It isnt worth the time spent or worth keeping in there. You can have a much better sounding system as well as an updated system with the after market , and a whole lot less hassle .Ive dealt with Z-28s in that error and a coupe of Vettes. That original system is garbage. Rip it out and save time as well as issues.

SMH... this is why I didn’t want to ask in the first place... I really don’t want to go into why... suffice it to say I LIKE the old Bose sound from the speakers and enclosures... I just want to go with a newer head unit.  So, based on that, any help on line level inputs into the Bose amps?  Thanks!
Well then maybe you should have prefaced your post with that. Not that it would have stopped them all together lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.