What is considered the best bang for the buck class D sq subwoofer amplifier

I see this thread has gotten a little heated and off track. I guess I should'nt have said budget amp and sound quality in the same thread. Just was trying to let everyone that chimed in know I wasn't after a sparkomatic amp or some piece of sh?t amplifier. I know not all amplifiers are created equal ,and was just trying to get as good of sound quality as my old hifonics zeus and alpine 3545 amplifiers sounded,but not break the bank since I know from experience you could buy a ppi 600.2 full range amplifier for example,and get pretty good sound quality out of it for the price. I am new to class D for subwoofers ,and in general,and am happy to hear that 2 subs can be wired to it.Even though it says mono. Not sure if that PPI phantom 1000.1 might suit me since the ppi 600.2 full range amp sounds compareable to my old school alpine amplifiers. Will that phantom 1000.1 mono amp have the same sound quality as those phantom 600.2 and 900.5 amplifiers .Or were those only sounding good because they were full range stereo amplifiers,and the phantom 1000.1 being mono not sound so good. If it will sound like the other phantom amps I know sound alright.Even though it is discontinued. I would take a chance on it. Anybody want to step in and verify if the ppi phantom 1000.1 amp will sound like the ppi 600.2 and ppi 900.5. Thanks
if u can meet sherwood to check out the ppi p1k he has i'd get it., they aren't around anymore have peeps trying to buy mine all the time.. mine is running 2 ohms too and man it's strong to know it has even more power left at 1 ohm..

Hi, Sorry for the late reply,Just getting back in.Lots of great budget amplifiers listed so far, and great info. The more I read the more class D is coming on strong like the old school alpine class AB amplifiers I have been listening for all these years. The only thing I doubt is I will ever see a class D amp last for 20 years without dying or causing problems well before then. I know it is off track for what this thread is about,But what is the longest any of you guys have been running a class D amplifier for. AKa how many years have you got out of your class D amp,and were you running it hard all through those years. I suppose being a budget amplifier,If something happened your not out a lot of money. I'm the kind of person that when I get the sound to my liking,I just leave everything the same,and enjoy the music on long country cruses.Hoping the amplifiers will stay cool enough to enjoy the 3 to 4 hour drives. I've yet to have an amp give me 3 to 4 hours without feeling burning hot,even the class d amp on a fairly warm day. Thanks for everyones input so far,This is greatly appreciated

Hi, What do you people here consider the best bang for the buck,class D sound quality subwoofer amplifier. It doesn't half to have been made recently, Just what most people here consider can't be beat for the price. For example quite a few people said the ppi 600.2 and ppi 900.4 were very good sounding amplifiers, with lots of headroom for the money.And you guys were right on that. So I am wondering if there is a stand out class D sound quality subwoofer amplifier with lots of headroom,that people here mostly agree on you can't go wrong with it for the price. Thanks
a friend of mine got a Focal 1k amp on ebay for about 150. solid amp

It’s going on 10 years for my Alpine MRP M40 class D mono Amplifier and still going strong. It’s an Alpine budget Chinese made amplifier too.

Edit: doesn’t get more than a little warm on long drives either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.