What is considered the best bang for the buck class D sq subwoofer amplifier

coomaster1
10+ year member

canada
Hi, What do you people here consider the best bang for the buck,class D sound quality subwoofer amplifier. It doesn't half to have been made recently, Just what most people here consider can't be beat for the price. For example quite a few people said the ppi 600.2 and ppi 900.4 were very good sounding amplifiers, with lots of headroom for the money.And you guys were right on that. So I am wondering if there is a stand out class D sound quality subwoofer amplifier with lots of headroom,that people here mostly agree on you can't go wrong with it for the price. Thanks

Hi, What do you people here consider the best bang for the buck,class D sound quality subwoofer amplifier. It doesn't half to have been made recently, Just what most people here consider can't be beat for the price. For example quite a few people said the ppi 600.2 and ppi 900.4 were very good sounding amplifiers, with lots of headroom for the money.And you guys were right on that. So I am wondering if there is a stand out class D sound quality subwoofer amplifier with lots of headroom,that people here mostly agree on you can't go wrong with it for the price. Thanks
ppi and sound stream have messed up the 900.4 amps not good now, unless you find a used one.. pioneer actually has good amps 8601 9601 and the 4 channel bigblank69 (here) has tested them to do over rated power here's his channel https://www.youtube.com/user/bigblank69/videos?disable_polymer=1

To the poster that said "One you can afford that fits" That is no help to me or others that want help on this. To the other poster thanks for your reply,this thread will be about what the majority of you half to say. There must be an amplifier out there that fits my post write up,that most people here agree mostly on.

I said the truth. There is no “standard”. Don’t buy flee market and you are fine.

Sorry if that’s not what you want to hear.

Coming from somebody that has competed in SQ for a few seasons.

I think the "one you can afford and fits" comment was mostly for the fact that there are many solid options that will all get the same job done that are very similar.

Pioneer, jbl, skar, soundqubed etc are good on a budget. Incriminator, Sundown, countless others are tanks but you have to pay for it.

To me, 300 clean watts is 300 clean watts no matter the amp. As as far as sound quality goes. Reliability, efficiency, etc vary but to my ear there's not much difference from one amp to another as long as the power is the same and it's not clipping.

I dont have much experience with extremely high end amps though such as Zapco, old us amps, mmats, etc.

Hi, Is there a certain make and model of class D amplifier that most here agree on . I was hoping quite a few people would chime in with their preference ,and go through all the posts,and see which amplifier kept coming up the most. Thanks

There's literally so many options. Like Los said, it's a flavor of the month thing. The ones mentioned are one's that get brought up a lot.

I was considering amps like the jbl ,the old ppi phantom 600.2,and the NVX for budget amplifiers and amplifiers in that price range since I am not competeing,and using the ppi 600.2 , 2 channel amp for my front stage,and it sounds very good for class D,and is dirt cheap.I read some people even did compete with those amps and took home a few trophies,with cheap ppi budget amps,and of course other quality components But the one poster said ppi amps aren't putting out the quality of when those amps ppi 600.2 and ppi 900.5 amps were made. I heard NVX was the same as those phantom amps,and have also heard people running dynaudio esotar with certain jbl budget amplifiers. If it sounds like the ppi 600.2 amp, that will be good enough for me. I just need a budget 2 channel class d amplifier that is preferably 500rms clean watts to run my oldschool alpine 6012EX subwoofers . They look to be 400 rms watts each,and I would like to have some extra headroom on the amp so the amplifier is working easy to run them so the amp stays cool. Hope this helps to narrow things down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.