Main volume and subwoofer volume

Participant count
  • Participant list

lumpy5oh

I'll start off by apologizing for this post. I'm sure my question has been asked 1000 times and I'd do a search, but I just don't know how to word it or where to start looking.

I'm bored at work and thought of this and I don't have model numbers in front of me.

I have a Kenwood HU that I run my front and rear speakers off of. The rca sub outs go to an older Power Acoustick amp that drives a pair of 10 inch subs. The hu and amp have a bunch of tuning options.

My problem is when I have the volume up everything sounds good. As I turn the volume down the speakers quiet down but the subs stay at the same loudness.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and again Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I'll start off by apologizing for this post. I'm sure my question has been asked 1000 times and I'd do a search, but I just don't know how to word it or where to start looking. I'm bored at work and thought of this and I don't have model numbers in front of me.

I have a Kenwood HU that I run my front and rear speakers off of. The rca sub outs go to an older Power Acoustick amp that drives a pair of 10 inch subs. The hu and amp have a bunch of tuning options.

My problem is when I have the volume up everything sounds good. As I turn the volume down the speakers quiet down but the subs stay at the same loudness.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and again Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
your apology is appreciated, but unnecessary. we got you man
anywho, the gain on your sub amp is too high. The gain being too high makes the amp go to nearly its full capability too soon based on the input voltage its seeing. I bet youre clipping like hell at anything near the max volume level you listen to it at

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.