What is a light weight sub that can handle a good chunk of power?

Gbob2003
10+ year member

Great Odens Raven
So I am going to be putting a system in a cobra that im buying in a couple days, and I was brainstorming systems and im trying to keep the subs light but can handle around 2500 wrms. I dont want like a zcon or hdc4 or anything like that because weight will be a factor with the car because im attacking performance on it to. My current mustang wont fit any bigger than a twelve so im just wondering what is a good sub that weighs less than prolly 45 pounds. Thanks guys

I want a sub that weighs UNDER 45lbs... that can take 2.5kW rms though? How about you cut it down to about 1500w, since you won't notice the difference anyways, and get an SSA Icon. Since they're efficient as well, you won't need as large of a box. Plus, a 1500w amp is lighter and smaller than 2500w amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif And if you wanna save weight and space, I'd look into an Mmats amp. Unrivaled efficiency, so you don't have to upgrade electrical. And tiny for that cramped trunk.

I want a sub that weighs UNDER 45lbs... that can take 2.5kW rms though? How about you cut it down to about 1500w, since you won't notice the difference anyways, and get an SSA Icon. Since they're efficient as well, you won't need as large of a box. Plus, a 1500w amp is lighter and smaller than 2500w amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif And if you wanna save weight and space, I'd look into an Mmats amp. Unrivaled efficiency, so you don't have to upgrade electrical. And tiny for that cramped trunk.
^^^^^^this ^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^this ^^^^^^^^^^

Fi Btl N2......But how much of a difference could 30 lbs make? If you are that worried about weight just make it easily removable. What electrical upgrades are you planning to run 2500 watts as that will hurt performance too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.