What is a light weight sub that can handle a good chunk of power?

That's bad *** but I just can't see why you would add a heavy *** battery, 0 gauge, an HO alt and then skimp over 30 extra lbs on the sub.
Well i might not even add the battery if i can find a more efficient amp. I dont want to if i dont have to. Cuz if i find a more efficient amp then the 270 should hold it fairly well

What do you plan on tuning to with a 6"' port with his limited space? I like the sub choice though.
Just read his space req's. He could have the areo go through the ski hole opening and tune it to 34hz. Or he could go with two 3 inch areo's and put them in roughly a 2.5-2.6 cubic foot box with each one around 13inches long.

That's bad *** but I just can't see why you would add a heavy *** battery, 0 gauge, an HO alt and then skimp over 30 extra lbs on the sub.
^ that.... it all seems very silly. You're going to have to compromise somewhere bud. Be it with 40lbs for a bigger sub..... or a MARGINALLY quieter set-up would save you at least a hundred pounds. Doing something like I suggested would mean you wouldn't need that HO alt (sucks performance), and you wouldn't need an extra battery (saves at least 60lbs). And you could use a lighter, and smaller amp (saves weight). And likely a little smaller box.

Or you could get the sub that Tj linked for a measly $3,000. And then add weight and suck performance with your HO alt. And add weight with the battery.

An Icon on 1500w will still get decently loud. Box, sub, and amp and you're probably only up 100lbs.

^ that.... it all seems very silly. You're going to have to compromise somewhere bud. Be it with 40lbs for a bigger sub..... or a MARGINALLY quieter set-up would save you at least a hundred pounds. Doing something like I suggested would mean you wouldn't need that HO alt (sucks performance), and you wouldn't need an extra battery (saves at least 60lbs). And you could use a lighter, and smaller amp (saves weight). And likely a little smaller box.Or you could get the sub that Tj linked for a measly $3,000. And then add weight and **** performance with your HO alt. And add weight with the battery.

An Icon on 1500w will still get decently loud. Box, sub, and amp and you're probably only up 100lbs.
How would would the Icon compare vs the death penalty. Ive never heard any of the ssa lines. But I may just listen to you on the smaller equip parts.

^ that.... it all seems very silly. You're going to have to compromise somewhere bud. Be it with 40lbs for a bigger sub..... or a MARGINALLY quieter set-up would save you at least a hundred pounds. Doing something like I suggested would mean you wouldn't need that HO alt (sucks performance), and you wouldn't need an extra battery (saves at least 60lbs). And you could use a lighter, and smaller amp (saves weight). And likely a little smaller box.Or you could get the sub that Tj linked for a measly $3,000. And then add weight and **** performance with your HO alt. And add weight with the battery.

How would would the Icon compare vs the death penalty. Ive never heard any of the ssa lines. But I may just listen to you on the smaller equip parts.

SSA makes very great subs and has awesome customer service. The ICON can get plenty loud and sound great doing it. I would very strongly suggest that you run a bit less power and skip the battery.

SSA makes very great subs and has awesome customer service. The ICON can get plenty loud and sound great doing it. I would very strongly suggest that you run a bit less power and skip the battery, and maybe even the alternator.

mmats amps are going to be your best options on light weight and small amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

N212 - Fi Car Audio Store

if money isnt an issue get a fi n with neo magnet 45 pount sub can handle 2500rms with ease

the icon is an amazing sub but i would order the people who makes the icon over the icon

Q12 - Fi Car Audio Store

fi q with cooling hand build in the us and us machines steal motors can handle 2000rms easy for under 350 but not the beast the fi n is lol.

How much do one of those Mmats 1500s weigh?
Let's put it this way.... I can easily hold my Mmats 2000.1 with my thumb and forefinger... And it fits in a medium flat-rate box. And again, unrivaled efficiency means no need for any electrical upgrades aside from the Big 3. I wouldn't be able to compare the SSA Icon against the IA since I've ran neither. I just know the SSA lines has a great balance between cleanliness and getting loud, as well as remaining decently efficient, and having a great build quality and competitive price-point.

Doesn't want to sacrifice performance... but is planning on running an H/O alt... what?

ICON + MMATS gets my stamp of approval.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.