What happened to the SKAR subs?

45js45
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I know there was a ton of bad blood from folks toward the owner of SKAR subs but,I didnt hear any bad reviews of them.Seems like they came in like a bat out of hell and then totally disappeared.They are not on ebay anymore either.Was just curious....

The forum boner is starting to point at a new sub so the skars will be just a memory after a few more weeks. I was not impressed with them that much. I mean everything they did in the build process has been done a billion times so they brought nothing new to the table other then a lower FS which is only 1 of a 100 different specs that should be taken into account when buying a sub. U want skar then get a SA.

I wasn't very impressed with skars or the sa's. There are much better subs out there some even main stream brands.

Flame suit on
Dont worry,no flame,please make some suggestions in that price rangs or less.

if you want 600 watt woofers that will handle 1500 go with the skars or sa's. BUT imo if you wanna sound GREAT , not just good get some SSA products. They can get uber loud but sound excellent doing it too.

I wasn't very impressed with skars or the sa's. There are much better subs out there some even main stream brands.
I'd be interested to know what drivers those are -- as I'd like to test them. Objectively - what do you think was better about the other drivers ?

Being serious. I like a challenge in designing a better product //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

if you want 600 watt woofers that will handle 1500 go with the skars or sa's. BUT imo if you wanna sound GREAT , not just good get some SSA products. They can get uber loud but sound excellent doing it too.
I wouldnt give either 1500 daily...if so, i see recones in the future

I'd be interested to know what drivers those are -- as I'd like to test them. Objectively - what do you think was better about the other drivers ?
Being serious. I like a challenge in designing a better product //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
i'd like to know too , i mean i know there are compareable underground drivers in that price range. some play a little louder or sound a little better but its usually a sacrifice in spl or sq when comparing these drivers to other underground ones. But WHAT MAINSTREAM DRIVER in this price range will out do any of jacob's drivers??

Regardless of how well something is built/tested it will never be able to do "everything" in one package. If there was, we would have no choices in product.

They are selling faster than they can make them, that is the reason you don't see as much advertisement for them right now.
That is true - they are selling very well and people seem to be very satisfied. The growth in sales seems to be largely word of mouth as the forum activity isn't really high on them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.