What happend to car audio? My little rant

I aint readin **** in this but the US economy was its best at the turn of the century during the industrial revolution when Rockefeller, Morgan and all the bankers and oil guys and rail road company owners were on top. That is by far, the best economical time for the US. Period.

I aint readin **** in this but the US economy was its best at the turn of the century during the industrial revolution when Rockefeller, Morgan and all the bankers and oil guys and rail road company owners were on top. That is by far, the best economical time for the US. Period.
yes because monopolies and trusts are what make the economy boom and keep the consumers happy...

If you want to pay for fabrication skills that you may not have yourself, is it not fair to compensate someone for their time?
yes, it is...but for me, there has been nothing exotic about my install that I was unable to do. So yes it is fair, it is also fair to shop around and take your business elsewhere if you are not satisfied with service/products/pricing offered....thats what is great about capitalism; if you cant offer a fair product at a fair price, someone else will...

And yes, I agree that there is a niche for high price shops; atheletes, actors, or rich people in general, but 95% do not fit that category...The Treo sub I currently have is the most I have ever paid for a sub. It retailed for over 400 (cant find Treo discounted online it seems) and I cant see myself ever paying more than that for a sub..I cant afford to pay more than that. So when I walk into a shop that is trying to sell me a w7 for 700$ or so, i have to walk out

this is good, an true, alotta shops never heard of big 3. an when i took my sub to a local shop for some wire they said "whats ft"(fi) i didnt have a problem with that it was when they charged my friend 108 bucks for some 10 gauge power wire with the glass fuse an a shi tty paint scrapeless ground is where they lost credit with me. they also got mad when i didnt buy their 400 dollar kicker 100.1 amp when i said a hifonics 2k is half that, as said b4 i have to walk out lol

Go find my ANCIENT build logs.
Mostly MDF enclosures' date=' and a little fiberglass setup for some recessed 8's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What's so hard to believe?[/quote']

links

I think OP is nostalgic for nothing. I remember the "good old days" and there was plenty of ghetto installs, plenty of misinformed people misinforming others, and loads of cheap foreign made junk (much of it being sold for whatever someone thinks you'll pay for it).

There's still plenty of shops doing quality work and still plenty of solid American made gear for those that want to go that route.

Granted the Korean stuff is very solid and cost effective, but IMO that's a good thing. God knows the little kids in the third world building the stuff get paid peanuts so the money is mostly being made in the distribution chain here and it keeps things generally competitive. I really hate to see manufacturing going overseas, but that problem would **** near take a revolution here to fix and is WAY deeper than the audio industry could deal with. IT goes along with getting more people into and excited about the hobby.

There's a good chance that the 18 year old kid that buys a 3KW Korean amp today or even a sony Xplod might be by your store for a Zapco 10 years from now when his college loans are paid off.... I know I buy some expensive gear today (much of which is made in the USA) and I started out with a lot of flea market **** and "big name" stuff that wasn't very good.

I say anything that gets people into the hobby is great for everyone involved. I personally don't have shops do my installs for me but if I had no time and loads of money I probably would.

No matter what, there's always going to be people who will always go the DIY route and there will always be people who walk into a store and buy whatever you show them. In business your most expensive 10% of your items is 90% of your dollar value and is typically the least profit margin. Dunno what's going on these days but when I worked in the industry in the mid 90's a shop's bread and butter was alarms, remote starts, and phones (LOL).

Those are neither impressive, nor embarrassing. Hundreds of guys on the online forums are doing comparable work.
Uhm, ok? Not sure what point you are trying to make about the enclosures? They are made for my purpose of sounding how I want, and using the amount of space I was/am willing to give up. I choose to keep my car very basic, no crazy flashiness. All I know is how they sound, function. Being "impressive" is relative. And my install's effects on the sound, is impressive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm not claiming to be a miracle worker. I was simply asked if I made my own enclosures...Which I do. Thus, my reply: Yes.

Thank you for the unwarranted attention, i guess? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Or tell the gov to do away with all the BS taxes and let hard working Americans keep more of their money so they can afford the nicer things in life.
Taxes are good...they pay for the roads you drive on dailey with your car with the audio. They pay for the schools that teach people to do stuff that you dont want to do/dont have the ability to do.

Those are neither impressive, nor embarrassing. Hundreds of guys on the online forums are doing comparable work.
Are you on crack, or do you have ADD? You asked him for pics, he referenced a thread you could see the pics in. Then you asked for a link, he provides links. And then you act like he's bragging for posting his links.

Are you on crack, or do you have ADD? You asked him for pics, he referenced a thread you could see the pics in. Then you asked for a link, he provides links. And then you act like he's bragging for posting his links.
Thank you...

I have no hard feelings or anything. It is a free forum after all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

"I was told RF is still making everything in the US though......still true?"

Who told you that , I don't think they make anything in the states anymore, and haven't in almost 10 years, maybe one or two High end pieces if anything , and they wouldn't have made it then ,it might be made in the USA but not by them, it would be outsourced

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.