what glue u guys use?

it is super duper handy to have a pair of drills around

one with the pre drill bit - one with the counter sink bit

and hell if you have a third load a p2 bit in it for the screws.

if you only pre drill the little skinny hole for the screw - the boards will not crack - but its verry possible it will strip out the wood bore before the screw counter sinks it self.

and then it will show if you go to carpet or paint your box... after bondo on the screw spots and nasty parts of wood if you have any

I work construction so I have a plethora of tools...

now if I could just learn how to design my own boxes lol !

no you can glue it together and clamp it down then predrill your holes. Its time consuming but better in the long run.
what if i have to leave it for a few days i need to get a new drill ran in to a issue cuz i wanted a good corded drill and they did have what i wanted. and if u guys can find me a good pic of the boxs should look with a few clamps on it. thanks so much my luvs

titebond 2 is good ish and just let the glue set then predrill holes fairly small. if its just 3/4ths in no double baffle 1 5/8-2in gold screws are good. I like the fact that they dont strip out. Some use brad nails but I have bent a lot of those previously. As for drilling I like corded drills but cordless drills work better for screws imo so the screws dont get over torqued and split the wood. It is also time consuming but get a squared edge and draw out 3/4ths of an inch so when you drill your holes you know it is going in the center also preventing wood from splitting. As for cutting the wood Id use lowes just because they will cut all the wood i need in under 15 minutes to be +/ 1/32nd of an in for 25$ a cut after 2 and I have yet to be actually charged.

I dont use clamps but it helps to have a set of 50lb weights and 40lb to hold it upright and sit it on top....

titebond 2 is good ish and just let the glue set then predrill holes fairly small. if its just 3/4ths in no double baffle 1 5/8-2in gold screws are good. I like the fact that they dont strip out. Some use brad nails but I have bent a lot of those previously.
im gona go with a 1 5/8 something like that drywall screws u know what i mean? then what predrill what size i seen some package deal at wally world that has some small sizes.

Titebond 2. It is cheap.. very cheap.. and works well. No you cannont just glue it and let it "sit" this will not be a tight strong seal, you either need to clamp it or screw it right away. If you can clamp it then you can screw it later if you want though it isn't necessary..

Honestly. This is your first box, why not just buy some more clamps and forget about the drill and screws. You will more than likely butcher the appearance with the screws, split the wood and gain little from it.

im gona go with a 1 5/8 something like that drywall screws u know what i mean? then what predrill what size i seen some package deal at wally world that has some small sizes.

Just make sure the bit is about the same size as the center of the screw, because you want the threads to create their own path.

Last edited by a moderator:
most people will tell you the screws are there to hold the wood tight together while the glue dries, so putting screws in after you glue it would be useless. If you are not going to wait for the drill and screw method, be sure to use clamps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.