what glue u guys use?

As for drilling I like corded drills but cordless drills work better for screws imo so the screws dont get over torqued and split the wood. It is also time consuming but get a squared edge and draw out 3/4ths of an inch so when you drill your holes you know it is going in the center also preventing wood from splitting. As for cutting the wood Id use lowes just because they will cut all the wood i need in under 15 minutes to be +/ 1/32nd of an in for 25$ a cut after 2 and I have yet to be actually charged.

I dont use clamps but it helps to have a set of 50lb weights and 40lb to hold it upright and sit it on top....

I use random bits as I brake them but I make sure to keep them pretty small. 1 5/8ths work but I wouldnt use drywall as I dont think they are meant to hold a lot of weight considering how light drywall is. gold screws were like 4$ for 200+ they are hard to strip out too.

I use industrial grade sub-floor adhesive. I get it for free at work and it's never failed me once. Also use 1-5/8" coarse thread drywall screws since they have wider threads to grip the MDF better(since MDF does not act like normal wood when using screws...it's more like drywall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif), and be sure to predrill with something like a 3/32 or 7/64 bit, just slightly smaller than the shaft of the screw...I've never stripped a single screw using that method. Use a bigger bit to countersink the screws a bit and you'll have a solid inch of threads going into the other piece of MDF.

I use industrial grade sub-floor adhesive. I get it for free at work and it's never failed me once. Also use 1-5/8" coarse thread drywall screws since they have wider threads to grip the MDF better(since MDF does not act like normal wood when using screws...it's more like drywall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif), and be sure to predrill with something like a 3/32 or 7/64 bit, just slightly smaller than the shaft of the screw...I've never stripped a single screw using that method. Use a bigger bit to countersink the screws a bit and you'll have a solid inch of threads going into the other piece of MDF.
cool i will get screws and grab one of those bits so i can get it done right. i cant wait im gona take it slow no need to rush i just wana start off slow and do a small box and see how it goes. oh yea u guys should talk with ram if u need a box design for sure. he is gona come up with something for me. thanks bro

x5364e0j.jpg

This is very similar to the countersink bit I use, called a screw mate. My bit allows for a deeper countersink but pairs really well with 1 5/8 coarse thread deck screws. These are very useful.

x5364e0j.jpg

This is very similar to the countersink bit I use, called a screw mate. My bit allows for a deeper countersink but pairs really well with 1 5/8 coarse thread deck screws. These are very useful.
is that hard to find. im gona go with 1 5/8 so what ever will work best or would b easy to get i will pick it up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.