What frequency should I tune my subs to?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mjcotton7

NH
Hello All,

I do not know if I should be posting here or in the amp section please let me know so I can fix it ASAP.

OK so here we go prob for the 1000th time.....

I have two Re Audio SEXv2 12D4 subs in a sealed box with 0.9 cubic feet per sub powered by a Hifonics ZRX 1500.1 with a 2 gauge wire kit, wired down to 1 ohm.

I have the SMD DD-1 and the CC-1. When I tuned the gain with the DD-1 I chose the middle option, a combo between loud and clean sound.

SOOOO the question now is to what frequency do I need to set my crossover and subsonic filter to? I am looking to feel the bass and when it hits I wanna be like holy ***** that's awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif. I know most people and discussions say between 60hz and 80hz.

Let me know what you think

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no magic number for low pass and subsonic filters that will work on every system. Play around with it and see what sounds best on a variety of songs. Your subsonic filter should probably be between 20 and 30. Low pass on your crossover could even be over 100. Just make sure you don't hear vocals on it, or distortion from high frequencies mixed in.

If you're asking this question, set your SSF to about 5Hz below tuning. LPF is basically up to you, but most people don't go above 80Hz.

turn your subsonic filter off. It's not needed for a sealed box

and your low pass filter should be based on around where you want your midbass picking up the slack of your subwoofer.

Personally, I lowpass at 63hz

edit: oh and I just re-read your paragraph, and there's no way you have two dual 4 ohms subs wired down to 2 ohms.

2 Dual 4 subs can only be wired to 1 ohm and 4 ohm

can you verify how you have it wired?

Dmac your correct it is 1ohm. I do not know why I put 2ohm. I am not sure how to turn off the SSF, I have just dial to turn.

I guess I will have to play around with it all and figure out what sounds the best. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.