What else do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

slm9s

WA state
Going to upgrade to a CAB ultra 12 and a CAB 1600.1 in my trunk. I had a cheap 4ga wiring kit before. I'll buy:

25 foot run of Royal Excelene 2/0 welding cable. should be enough for power and ground (and maybe part of the big 3)

Sub

Amp

I'll make a custom box

I'll make one run of the 2/0 power cable. This will go to the CAB 1600.1 and then to a small Kenwood amp for my component fronts. Do I use a distrubution block, or what to split the power cable to each amp?

I will have a fuse next to the battery, do I need fuses next to each amp? What size fuse next to the battery? Next to the amps?

Is there such a thing as a quick release connection for the sub box? In case I get a flat, I'll have to take out the box to get to the spare...

I will have this sub and infiniti component fronts. That's it. Is there anything like a sound processor/etc I should install while I have things torn apart? My head unit is a Pioneer P3200BT, is the equalizer on that good enough?

What else am I forgetting?

Thanks.

u should buy 50 ft and be done with it., cost u more buying smaller piece later, just get 2ga or bigger ofc.. u can use fused dist block, and ground block make sure u understand the wires from those are 1/2 size of wire from batt put blocks close to amps as u can within a foot or less maybe, so if u run 2 ga will need 2 short over sized 4ga from blocks, if u use 0 ga from batt use 2 2ga pieces to amps... fuses go by wire size i'll get u link to wire/fuse chart.. so wait to buy fuse holder until u sure on wire size., at amps if using smaller wire as i said u could maybe use 200amp fuse per amp (some peeps fuse buy the amp not wire) sou can use smaller one on kenwood as example, remember if u use fuse to small worse that will happen is fuse will blow which is y it's there but if u use fuse to big as my friend did with cab before he upgraded his wire he melted wire, fuse to big can't hurt amps and car.. just scroll 1" down u see chart http://bdfuses.com/fusesnwires.php

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.