What else do i need?

Stealth
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
This is what i've got currently:

(1) Memphis 16-ST1000D Amp (mono)

i-1.jpg

(2) JL 15" W3D4 Subwoofers with enclosures (dual voice coil)

i-2.jpg

Other than, like, a distribution box, that's all i need, right? is there any incompatibility between the amp and the subs at all?

You'll need an amp kit- with a fuse (probably ANL for that amp). If you are only using that one amp, you don't need a disto block. A distrobution block does what it's name suggests- distributes power from one source to several amplifiers.

You can find a 4 gauge kit on ebay for around $25-30.

wal mart has wire but is it quality wire y do ppls not care much about wire and y do u all say wire is wire when it is not all the same cheaper wire is not oxygen free i dunno what this is suppose to do i forget i gotta go check it out again but it does make a difference in wire.

You will not notice a difference between Wal-Mart wire (Scoche), and Stinger, Monster, etc. wire. If you say you do notice a difference, you are talking out of your ass, it's that simple.

Your amp might have one built in... check into it. All it does is seperate out frequencies. If you need it for your sub, it will only send your sub low range frequencies so it's not trying to play all the high range notes.

Originally posted by Stealth thanks for the replies guys

yeah, in my post i already said i have a distirubtion block. picked it up for $15 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

so all i need is a "4 gauge amp kit"?

i bought this one a few minutes ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4950&item=3023595724

anything else?

well i noticed the kit dont have it, so u need sum speaker wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.