What electrical needed for Taramps HD 8000

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well you won't ever for 2 reasons.
One, it is prohibited to wire any full bridge amplifier below stable load for sustained use.

Two, the internal fuse on the Banda will blow if attempting to put out too much power.

You will have to take apart the amplifier to replace.

As a general rule of them to go by for music, if your subs DCR is rated lower than it's nominal impedance rating is, then look at what the amplifier is rated for at 2x it's lowest stable load.

In this case,

Banda- 5,100w

Taramps- 5,250w

I am not comparing voltage above 12.6v because your setup is not capable of handling such output based on your electrical system.
I saw the fuse on mine when I looked at the guts. Not hard to replace.

If my voltage doesn't drop below 13.6v, why not compare higher than 12.6v?

I know you'll never see 8,400 watts out of it after box rise and voltage drop, but still. It takes power to make power.

I'll have to check what the exact impedance is on my coils.

Exactly... it takes power to make power.

A 320a alt is not capable of handling over 5,000w of power.

Therefore, either you will drop to the high 12s or low 13s or you will maintain over 14v because you will not get that power output based on your impedance curve.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.